Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Fury rollbar
watsonpj

posted on 14/8/14 at 12:52 PM Reply With Quote
Fury rollbar

I'd like to change my rollbar from the standard fury one to a full cage. What I'd like to know is where do the rollcages normally front mount on the fury.
There are also lots of different designs running across the top section and I'm favour 2 parallel bars near the centre or a cross braced design so as not to compromise getting in and out but is there a big disadvantage with this?

The height of the standard one also seems quite low to me (and I'm only 5'5" so wondered what height it should be. Finally does anyone have an idea of price/where to get one made if I go that route.

Cheers Pete

adithorp

posted on 14/8/14 at 01:14 PM Reply With Quote
Not seen a full cage on a Fury except pictures of one at FurySportsCars. That looked to be mounted to the top chassis rail by the dash support from memory.

I'd guess not having bars along the outside gives easier entry at the expense of compromising strength. Probably fine in a road car. I like the half-moon shaped ones that meet in the middle.

The standard hoop is low, mainly to enable the roof bars to fold over it with the standard hood. I replaced mine with a higher one thats 550mm from the boot floor. Could be higher to be perect but would look silly and high enough for me to fit under a halfhood.

I'd speak to Steve at Fury and see what he suggests.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.