Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pedal / Cylinder travel
joneh

posted on 14/1/15 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Pedal / Cylinder travel

Hi all,

I have a dilemma. I bought a nice shiny OBP top mounted pedal box for my fury. Unfortunately whilst the box fits, the pedals when fully vertical don't. They foul the floor which I stupidly didn't account for. I can lower the floor a bit to help but don't want to raise the top too much.

Questions are, how much brake cylinder travel is normal? Fully out it fits fine, fully in the pedals will hit the floor.

How far off the floor should pedals be? Is it acceptable for them to hit the floor at full stretch?

Anyone got any other suggestions that don't need to much fettling for a old sloping footwell fury? Spoke to Steve at Fury and his suggestion is chop the footwell.

Jon

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 14/1/15 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
Hmmm... depends how bad things really are...

Sounds like you need to raise the top platform, however non-ideal that may be in other areas. Job done without grief.

If it was me, I'd remove the footpad, chop a bit off the pedal arm and re-attach to suit. Simple.
Being over 6' with size 12 feet, I've had to modify everything in the various cockpits over the years to suit. OK... so the negative here is that no one else can drive the car (or is that a positive?). Point I'm making is to get in there and modify the thing to fit.

designer

posted on 14/1/15 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
If the pedals foul the floor, surely the unit is six inches too low. The pedal pad should be on the ball of the foot. Yours sound way, way out!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 14/1/15 at 12:34 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies. Rather than chop the pedal box I'll get a floor mounted one then and make the footwell bigger.

Hopefully someone on here will want a top mounted 2 pedal box!

Riot Squad

posted on 14/1/15 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
Floor mounted is the way to go, this is what we use in our Riots. Just make sure you have enough room behind them for the master cylinders.
We ended up using the short AP Racing (read expensive) items to allow for 6 foot plus drivers!

www.Riotcars.co.uk
Tel. 01643 709330

PLEASE NOTE: This user is a trader who has not signed up for the LocostBuilders registration scheme. If this post is advertising a commercial product or service, please report it by clicking here.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.