Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Digital Dash
TheHighlander123

posted on 9/4/16 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
Digital Dash

Hi,

Thinking about changing out my dials and going to a digital dash.

Its a 1700 crossflow with a distributor, I have been told this could be an issue

Not wanting to spend mega money just want to modernize it a bit, I have changed out the switches etc already.

Any ideas?

sprintB+

posted on 9/4/16 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Snowy2 will be along soon, he has done a few, he is the MAN.
TheHighlander123

posted on 9/4/16 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Ah good

The car already has a 52mm Oil pressure, Water Temp and Fuel.

Fuel gauge is a bit "off" haha

Adamirish

posted on 9/4/16 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
I use an ETB DD2 on my Xflow powered Indy. Ok, it's not the cheapest around but it's a very comprehensive kit and a doddle to fit. I know less than nothing about electrics but I fitted and wired it up with no hassle at all. It comes with a fuel sender too so should fix your iffy gauge. As well as all the other basic sensors(coolant temp, oil temp, oil pressure etc) Mine is running a coilpack though so my RPM feed comes from the omex, using the original dizzy shouldn't be an issue though.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

russbost

posted on 10/4/16 at 05:30 PM Reply With Quote
You'll want to keep the oil pressure gauge, none of the digital dashes do oil pressure (as opposed to oil light) except the VERY expensive ones, talk to Ollie, username Obuckle on here, who now runs owns Furore Products, he will always do you a good deal on an Acewell

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Adamirish

posted on 10/4/16 at 05:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
You'll want to keep the oil pressure gauge, none of the digital dashes do oil pressure (as opposed to oil light) except the VERY expensive ones

This isn't true. The ETB dash does do oil pressure. Unless you regard that system as very expensive that is.

MK Indy 1700 Xflow

russbost

posted on 10/4/16 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
I believe the cheapest Etb that does oil pressure is over £400, & yes, I'd call that expensive! It's over double most Acewells!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
snowy2

posted on 11/4/16 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sprintB+
Snowy2 will be along soon, he has done a few, he is the MAN.

cheers for the vote of confidence.....

I have used the Vapor dash twice and some others that are similar.....but then I like a minimal dash look.....I am to busy driving to look at loads of gauges.

sometimes you are the pigeon, most of the time the statue.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.