Board logo

Anyone used "Roadstercycle" reverse boxes?
DANMAN - 7/9/13 at 12:58 PM

The constant clattering from my Quaife box is annoying me of late so I had been thinking of going to an MNR but from what I have read they are not available anymore. So my other options are Nova, Joy Rider, Elite Racing and these units. Has anyone had any experience with any of these brands?

fimi7 - 8/9/13 at 11:56 PM

I just got one. In the process of getting drive shafts made for it. One note I will say is you need make sure to order it with the splined shafts.

The first time I order it with the Key setup and my driveshaft company told me eventually I would shear the key. I sent it back and they replaced it with the splines with really no big fuss, great set of guys.

The design looks and feels pretty solid.

I expect to do a trial run in about 3 weeks, depends really on when I get the shafts back.

DANMAN - 14/9/13 at 01:13 PM

Anyone know if the MNR reverse boxes are still available?

DANMAN - 5/10/13 at 11:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by fimi7
I just got one. In the process of getting drive shafts made for it. One note I will say is you need make sure to order it with the splined shafts.

The first time I order it with the Key setup and my driveshaft company told me eventually I would shear the key. I sent it back and they replaced it with the splines with really no big fuss, great set of guys.

The design looks and feels pretty solid.

I expect to do a trial run in about 3 weeks, depends really on when I get the shafts back.

How did you go with the Roadstercycle box? Have you had a chance to test it out yet?

fimi7 - 7/10/13 at 02:02 PM

Nope, have not had the time, and still waiting on the drive shafts shop.