Board logo

Sureterm Insurance
cerbera - 6/6/12 at 07:39 PM

Anyone with a BEC that are or have been insured with these?

The reason I ask is that I've rung them for a quote today and they never asked once, though I did offer the info, whether the engine was from a bike or not, even though I told them it was only 1000cc. Whereas other insurance companies have told me theres a premium for BEC's and their premiums were higher as a result.

Just want to make sure I'm properly covered just in case.

ReMan - 6/6/12 at 07:47 PM

Interesting.
I'd expect that you would get asked such quetions at the point where they can't find rd Focus in the list of cars.
And if not they dont understand and so have not properly assesed the risk and therefore your probably not covered for not disclosing even though you werent asked

perksy - 6/6/12 at 08:04 PM

I'd double check with them, Better to be safe and sure

I used to be with them and they were fine although i never had a claim

( i did have a small issue and had to chase some paperwork though )

P ? - 6/6/12 at 08:50 PM

literally just insured a clio williams 2 with them as they were 300 cheaper than next rival.... seem ok

wilkingj - 7/6/12 at 04:50 AM

Put it in WRITING to them... No issues after that.
All this stuff done over the phone can be a worry.
When its on a bit of paper and you keep a copy, along with recorded delivery slip as well, its difficult for them to say you didnt tell them.

In writing is the only way to beging to protect yourself. They can say you didnt tell them, disclose etc... Written evidence is hard to deny.

Its the only way. (Pain in the Ar*e, but the only way to be sure)
You should complete a proposal form, also write it on there...

Dont expect a cheap premium!

daryl - 12/6/12 at 10:37 AM

I had the same when a was with them they where cheep but am sure a did say it was a bike engine but am not 100%