Board logo

Wheeler Dealers - Trading Up.
maccmike - 9/5/13 at 09:02 PM

He's bought his 'supercar'.

Its my dream brand but there's no way its a supercar.

scootz - 9/5/13 at 09:03 PM

... care to elaborate a touch further (for those of us not watching!).

maccmike - 9/5/13 at 09:08 PM

Mike Brewer took $3k to India and then travelled the world buying and selling motors with the aim of getting $30k to buy a supercar. I think theyre giving it away as a prize too.

Aaron_n_Sim - 9/5/13 at 09:11 PM

What car did he end up with?

blakep82 - 9/5/13 at 09:11 PM

Porsche, nah, not for me...
Ferarri, lambo, aston martin yes, but not a porsche
EnTered, when I saw what the prize was, I actually hoped I didn't win lol. He even said he thought of a boxter I think? Wtf?

maccmike - 9/5/13 at 09:15 PM

911 Carrera convertable

Aaron_n_Sim - 9/5/13 at 09:19 PM

He paid less for the Aston & Cerbera on the last series of wheeler dealer. Why go round the world for a porker!!!

daniel mason - 9/5/13 at 09:52 PM

id have kept the landcruiser! decent tow truck

DH2 - 10/5/13 at 07:48 AM

I met Mike recently when filming for a forthcoming edition of Wheeler Dealers - he's a nice bloke and a genuine car enthusiast like most of us in here. Remember folks, like many other examples (Top Gear, The Apprentice, etc) it's telly entertainment for the masses.

DH2

TimEllershaw - 10/5/13 at 08:14 AM

I was a bit disapointed too, but he had some problems along the way that cost him, so I guess it was the best he could manage.

I'm sure a lot of it is stage managed, and purchases are set up, but I do quite enjoy watching it.

James - 10/5/13 at 09:37 AM

Not seen the program but from what I see above...

A £30k Porsche is a supercar???

Come off it!

contaminated - 10/5/13 at 10:17 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimEllershaw

I'm sure a lot of it is stage managed, and purchases are set up, but I do quite enjoy watching it.

Do you remember the one where he bought an old Porsche sat in a barn and then the owner ended up buying it back? I know that guy. First off they found the car because he was a friend of someone of the production crew. The car was never actually for sale, the owner agreed up front to pay an amount of money (£15k I think) for them to restore it for him and they made up the whole sale and buy-back thing. It's not Mike that first comes out to view the car, someone else (Paul) does. He writes down a list of things wrong and Mike "finds" them when he comes. In this particular show there is a scene where he gets it going and he's driving round a barn. That never happened - that was a couple guys I know pushing it and they dubbed the engine noises. That tall one that does all the work? He doesn't - Paul (the helper) does most of it. The car is now sat in the same barm - not been driven since.

As someone said above though, it's entertainment and it won't stop me watching it. I quite like it.

clanger - 10/5/13 at 11:50 AM

strange no to see edd with him thogh, they sort of like go together as they've been on telly a few years now as a comedy double act ......

[Edited on 10/5/13 by clanger]

monkeyarms - 10/5/13 at 12:00 PM

I like Wheeler Dealers
I Like Mike and Edd
I like Porsche Cabs
I dont like turquoise interiors