Board logo

G-Day Boys!!
VanHaydn - 19/7/11 at 07:02 AM

G-Day from downunder Chaps!!!

well its been 4 long yeras since I left Blighty and its been a great experience....did some studys over the internet while here and learned to use Cad and Cam....designed my own CNC Router machine and built quite a few for local mates...
also started designing Rc helicopters and Planes...Its been that much fun..forgot about commin home at some point...
so my hunny just got a second interview with gas company and we should be returning home...Yea Baby!...oh yes with a little baby as well..that was fun....cough cough...eeer is fun!!! so looking forward to moving back...left the Uk as a SA now returning as a frontal labotmized Ozzie and its so much better now only having half a brain..as part of the requirement for becomin a Ozzie is to have half ya brain removed...left ..front...right...or back....i opted for front!!!HE HAW HE HAW!!!

cee ya soon chaps.....

oh yes im lookin for a new Car...heheh wont be building this time...just not enough time.....

Cheers

Haydn

[Edited on 19/7/11 by VanHaydn]

Daddylonglegs - 19/7/11 at 08:50 AM

Welcome home. Just one question though:

Why the hell are you coming back? Was over in Bunbury & Perth last year visiting family and would have stayed there in a heartbeat!!

JB

RichardK - 19/7/11 at 08:51 AM

Funny that, I'm going out there in October! Perth as well, we'll actually living in Atwell ish area.

Take care

Rich

nick205 - 19/7/11 at 08:56 AM

Guess there's no place like home...?

Any pics of the CNC router set-up?

big_wasa - 19/7/11 at 09:39 AM

Are you mad?

RichardK - 19/7/11 at 09:40 AM

Who me! or am I the sensible one

RichardK - 19/7/11 at 09:40 AM

Wonder if he needs a new home for his cnc??

coozer - 19/7/11 at 10:27 AM

Can i come Rich?

SeaBass - 19/7/11 at 12:26 PM

CNC! CNC! CNC! We want pictures !

That must be fun to fly with no head damping / flybar / paddles etc.

JC

VanHaydn - 19/7/11 at 12:38 PM

Well boys..i can tell ya its a nice place very very hot 45degrees quite a few summers in a row....Clare is a pom and she just isnt climatisin and is missin home...so as all you guys know....you all wear the pants in the house...but the mussus irons em so get to tell you when and what to wear...hey???? or not??? hehehe

its good peacefull and silent low crime..BUT!!!! in 4 years we have seen the roads go from really easy to looking like the m25 now....
anyway I can come and go anytime now being ozzie so this is my citizenship now..but can also get my uk citizenship when im back home....but have got really frustrated with not being able to get anything and have to wait 7 to 3 weeks for stuff posted....and the shops only have limited stock of most stuff you need....TIRED OF IT NOW!

so my cnc machine is my own design and and can cut a 1300x900x75 area with a 25k brushless watercooled spindle....i built the first prototype with scate bearings and mdf..then as the machine got going it started making its own parts and and now is a fantastic machine.....

Im working on a 5 axis milling machine now too

this is a ducted fan test station i invented for my jets to check trust numbers...

so It can cut carbon fiber /aliminium / wood /fiberglass/ just havent tried stainless yet..but it will be possible with the new cutters available these days..I use single flute high speed cutters that dont need coolant or fluids really clever stuff ...

so once i get back i can start makeing custom parts for me and mates....

cee ya guys really soon!!!

cheers

H

mangogrooveworkshop - 19/7/11 at 01:42 PM

Why anyone would Want to come back to this ratrace with the cold is beyond me.
I landed up here by default and would gladly move to warmer climate again.

Plus food is way better and fresh.... Yes I know about the engineering stuff being scarce I live in Scotland same thing all comes from elsewhere

VanHaydn - 19/7/11 at 03:25 PM

rat race yes..but at least its a race...the heat is as bad as the cold...its the UV thats really bad...standing in the shade you get burned in 10 min...we have been livin in darkness with the blinds pulled aircon 25/7 really sux...i can handle the heat commin from sa most of my life but clare is bonafide uk clearskin so takes it hard...
but its a move for our new born.....
she has no family here at all so all the auntys/uncles grandparents cousins..are all in the Uk..time to get those thermals out again and go shiverin and shakin in the overcast weather to a 24 hour store...ooooh the joys of 24 hour shops...

cheers

H

David Jenkins - 19/7/11 at 03:49 PM

The problem I had in the countryside around Perth was the flies... the people we were visiting had a beautiful house in the middle of the wine growing area, but there were a fair number of cattle in nearby fields. Spent a lot of time batting flies out of my face, and trying to nip through doorways without leaving the fly screens open for too long.

Freemantle was nice, though...

You could always move to Sydney - that seems to have a 'Southern European' climate (bl**dy expensive to live near there though!)

VanHaydn - 21/7/11 at 01:50 AM

Howdee
yea its good place with sunlight 9 months of year...flys that shyte and lick in ya eyeballs at every opertunity possible...sux!...freemantle is cool..litterally as the fremantle "DOC" its a cool breeze that comes in most afternnons that take the samurai heat off ya face...unfortunatly it get stopped about 4 kms inland..we live 8kms inland so we bake like hotcross buns ....

looking for a kitcar now in the uk..could have bought 5 already...wish i was there already....only seen 1 kitcar here in perth...and it was a bit NAFF!!

we find out the finer details this afternoon your time..

yeehaaa!!!!

VanHaydn - 26/7/11 at 05:26 AM

We done our Time!...

tie a yellow ribbon round the old oak tree...heheheh!

All sorted now crunching numbers as to how when and where....

cee ya soon!

movin to someplace near Reading....
minister of war and finance has forbid a Kit car..but ok,ed a S2000 YEHAAAA! at least its something!
better do as she says as I love warm crumpets on a cold day..and Blighty is mighty cold!