Board logo

oil line issue
beaver34 - 5/4/12 at 09:31 PM

after abit of help started running the oil lines for my dry sump and have an issue with the return to the tank line, im tight for space as most people are with 7 type cars and wander what fittings are out there or what i can do to sort it out

as you can see by the pics the bend is too great, scratched my head for a afew minutes and not really got anywhere yet, any input woulf be great

thanks

Ben_Copeland - 5/4/12 at 09:36 PM

If you turned the pipe fitting 180degrees and pointed it towards the engine, would that not solve the issue?

beaver34 - 5/4/12 at 09:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
If you turned the pipe fitting 180degrees and pointed it towards the engine, would that not solve the issue?

Not as it, the other fitting is too close, but I might ba able to cut an reweld the fitting further down the pipe

Going to look again tomorrow at it

snapper - 6/4/12 at 05:30 AM

45 degree in place of the 90 and a longer pipe

Ivan - 6/4/12 at 05:39 AM

Replace the kinked part of the flexible pipe with a steel 90 deg bend.

[Edited on 6/4/12 by Ivan]

DIY Si - 6/4/12 at 08:24 AM

If the connection off the tank pointed straight down, would a shorter pipe not do the job?

lsdweb - 6/4/12 at 08:37 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DIY Si
If the connection off the tank pointed straight down, would a shorter pipe not do the job?

Exactly what I was going to say!

fimi7 - 6/4/12 at 09:02 AM

Is that a AN fitting? if it is, its pretty easy to just make a new line exactly to the length you need. Agree that you should just use a 90 pointing straight down. What ever you measurement comes out to be, add a little for flex.

beaver34 - 6/4/12 at 09:14 AM

fixed it this morning, had to shortern the pipe off the pump as i couldnt run a pipe straight before the fittings were too close

there is enough flex in the line too too long made it kink so just got it about right

getting full in the engine bay now though!

thanks guys