Board logo

Type 9 leaking - partlist wanted
Rena - 10/8/15 at 08:47 AM

Hi,

I forgot to change sealings when I build my car and now itīs leaking from speedo output, input and output shaft.

To solve the problem I have to change the seals but Iīm also considering to remove the speedo drive.
Found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TYPE-9-AND-ROCKET-SPEEDO-BLANK-WITH-O-RING-SEALS-CATERHAM-WESTFIELD-KITCAR-Etc-/151770036860?hash=item235632fa7c
Thatīs a nice solution but also a expensive one. If I want to remove the speedo drive and blank the output. Which parts do I need (links)?

MP3C - 10/8/15 at 10:21 AM

I just had this problem a few months back. My gearbox still has the speedo in just it has been cut off and sealed with a rivet. The leak was from where it joined the gearbox. All I did was take the circlip out and speedo out and and put some instant gasket on the face and put the speedo back in. Works fine now and no leakage.

Matt

Rena - 10/8/15 at 12:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MP3C
I just had this problem a few months back. My gearbox still has the speedo in just it has been cut off and sealed with a rivet. The leak was from where it joined the gearbox. All I did was take the circlip out and speedo out and and put some instant gasket on the face and put the speedo back in. Works fine now and no leakage.

Matt

That also a solution, but I have change other sealings aswell, thatīs why I thought about doing the speedo properly.