Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ipod Touch Frozen Screen - Help Please
snippy

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
Ipod Touch Frozen Screen - Help Please

My son wanted a specific game for his Ipod Touch which is only 18 mths old. The game needed the latest version of itunes so I have downloaded the latestversion of itunes and now the Ipod is frozen. All I get on the screen is a picture of a USb cable asking me to connect to Itunes. I`ve researched this on the net and tried all sorts of suggestions but I just can`t get rid of this screen and itunes isn`t recognising there is an Ipod connected. Anyone else experienced this problem? Any suggestions? It also won`t restore before anyone suggests this too.
flak monkey

posted on 2/4/11 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
Take it into your local apple store and get them to have a look at it.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

austin man

posted on 2/4/11 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
google the problem and you will find a wealth of sites, my daughter had a problem with hers after someone said you need to jail break that and that was that she lost evrything screen locked out. I tried around 5 of the different suggestions on different site and managed to save it .

From What I recall it was something to do with the sequence of buttons you held down then plug back into the origional I Tunes

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Dangle_kt

posted on 2/4/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
hold down the lock screen (the one on the top) and the circle button - it will hard restart.

If that doesn;t work, do it while it is plugged into the usb.

ReMan

posted on 2/4/11 at 09:10 PM Reply With Quote
Reset as above
Can take abut 29 secs

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

snippy

posted on 2/4/11 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
I read about pushing both buttons etc, tried that and held them for well over a minute but nothing. Tried different sequences with buttons etc but still nothing. No matter what I try it won`t budge off the screen showing a Usb cable pointing to itunes
Ninehigh

posted on 2/4/11 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Remove the battery? I know it's possible they sell replacements at Maplins

tony9876

posted on 3/4/11 at 07:11 PM Reply With Quote
Be patient, the force restore part may take up to 20 seconds. Make sure the ipod is plugged into your PC.

1. Press and hold the home button and the sleep/wake button. (the power off option will appear, ignore it)
2. When the apple logo appears let go of the sleep/wake button (keep holding the home button.)
3. After a few seconds you should see the connect to iTunes image (you can now let go of the home button.)
4. Open iTunes .
5. iTunes should automatically recognize your iPod once the image comes up, if not unplug your iPod and plug it back in.
6. Restore your iPod by clicking the "Restore" button on i-tunes.

This worked on my Ipad after having the exact same fault you have described.

snippy

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
I don`t get the Power Off option come up on screen. As stated above I only get one thing on screen and one thing only, that being the picture of a USB cable and an arrow pointing to the word itunes. If I try and restore the Ipod itunes tries to check the Ipod with Apple and then just comes up with a message "The Ipod could not be restored. Device not eligible for the requested build" whatever that means! Pulling my hair out now.....
Ninehigh

posted on 3/4/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
Sounds like you really need to pull the power

snippy

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
All Sorted Now

Have now sorted the problem with Ipod. Took it to Apple who managed to reset it and told me the Ipod was fine so the fault must lie with the Itunes program. Having downloaded the latest version of Itunes it turns out not all the program downloaded, possibly due to my firewall. That caused the Ipod to lock because it was unable to sync with Itunes. So I switched off the firewall and downloaded it again. Hey Presto up and running again. So, for those wanting to upgrade their Itunes make sure you check your firewall or Anti Virus software first otherwise you may not get the full program downloaded.
austin man

posted on 7/4/11 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
daugther was downloading something from the net and lost connection that screwed hers up

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.