Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: indy vs indy r
pauladamss

posted on 13/10/11 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
indy vs indy r

How much better is the r im going up to mk at the end of the month and am interested to know peoples opinion on the two that have owned or driven both. £700 buys a fair bit of kit ie engine.Would i be able to tell the difference or are we talking very small grip improvements.I will just be using the car for sunday blasts and some track days to start off with but i havent ruled out racing in the future .Do the rs and normal indys compete together? could i end up regretting not buying the r???
fimi7

posted on 13/10/11 at 01:18 PM Reply With Quote
I bought the "R", have yet to get it on the road. But in my opinion, if a manufacturer finds it could improve on an old design and puts out a new design, why would you buy the old design? Assuming the new design is better

Again, I cannot say it is, or is not. But I made the assumption that like all other builders they will concentrate on improving the new design over improving the old.

--- Ali

-matt

posted on 13/10/11 at 01:32 PM Reply With Quote
I would go for the R, 700 quid is nothing really compared to the full build cost, and don't forget it will be worth more if/when you sell it.

I think you would regret it at some point if you didn't. Thats the theory i went with anyway.

scootz

posted on 13/10/11 at 01:56 PM Reply With Quote
Did I not see the term "Indy RR" pop-up on here recently!?

It's Evolution Baby!

MikeFellows

posted on 13/10/11 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
the RR is race only chassis I believe and isnt IVA friendly (though i dont know why)

pauladamss

posted on 13/10/11 at 04:39 PM Reply With Quote
I agree if the r is better then it is worth it just wondered if there was anyone who has driven both. Im sure i will find out when i go up there still got to decide on the engine yet decisions decisions.
indykid

posted on 13/10/11 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by -matt
I think you would regret it at some point if you didn't. Thats the theory i went with anyway.

That's what they want you to think

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.