Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FIA Kill Switch
deanspoors

posted on 18/12/14 at 07:46 PM Reply With Quote
FIA Kill Switch

First of all, sorry as I know the Kill Switch topic has been done to death, but I'm struggling on where I should connect the second set of N/O contacts for the ignition cut on a Westfield Megabusa. Has anyone else with a Hayabusa engine fitted one of these switches? And if so could you give me a heads up on where I should tap into the loom.

Thanks in advance,
Dean

theprisioner

posted on 18/12/14 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
The aux contacts a) Break the ignition cct and b) provide a load to the alternator so it does not go o/c while spooling down the engine. Alternators that have no load produce high voltages that can destroy them. So the second set should switch in a resistor to the alternator side of the isolator to ground.

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

deanspoors

posted on 18/12/14 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Hi, sorry if I wasn't clear, but I know how to wire the main battery cut n/c contact and the n/o contact that shorts the generator down to ground through a high wattage. Resistor. The only thing I am unsure of is where best to cut the ignition as obviously the wiring at the ignition barrel is high current.

Dean

mark chandler

posted on 18/12/14 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
You used to cut the ignition coil in the old days, cut the ECU feed which is low current, 250mA usually.
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 19/12/14 at 09:31 AM Reply With Quote
When I wired mine in, I put the contacts through the coil feed. It's the grey wire that comes down the head loom.

My reasons were based upon simplicity, the proximity of the grey to where I had the switch and the way that bike engines behave. The wire was also utilised for the shift cut, minimising runs.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.