Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Lower Fuel Prices
x_flow57

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
Lower Fuel Prices

PETROL/DIESEL BOYCOTT.......................

See what you think and pass it on if you agree with it

We are hitting £1.20+ a litre in some areas now, soon we will be faced with paying £1.?? a ltr.

This makes MUCH MORE SENSE than the 'don't buy petrol on a certain day campaign that was going around last April or May! The oil companies just laughed at that because they knew we wouldn't continue to hurt ourselves by refusing to buy petrol. It was more of an inconvenience to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can really work.
Please read it and join in!

Now that the oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us to think that the cost of a litre is CHEAP, we need to take
aggressive action to teach them that BUYERS control the market place not sellers. With the price of petrol going up more each day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we are going to see the price of petrol come down is if we hit someone in the pocket by not purchasing their Petrol! And we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves. Here's the idea: For the rest of this year DON'T purchase ANY petrol from the two biggest oil companies (which now are one), ESSO and BP. If they are not selling any petrol, they will be inclined to reduce their prices. If they reduce their prices, the other companies will have to follow suit. But to have an impact we need to reach literally millions of Esso and BP petrol buyers. It's
really simple to do!!

Now, don't whimp out on me at this point... keep reading and I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of people!! I am sending this note to a lot of people. If each of you send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300)... and those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 = 3,000) ... and so on, by the time the message reaches the sixth generation of people, we will have reached over THREE MILLION consumers! If those three million get excited and pass this on to ten friends each, then 30 million people will have been contacted!
Again, all You have to do is send this to 10 people.

That's all.(and not buy at ESSO/BP) How long would all that take? If each of us sends this email out to ten more people within one day of receipt, all 30 MILLION people could conceivably be contacted within the next 7days!!! Acting together we can make a difference If this makes sense to you, please pass this message on.
PLEASE HOLD OUT UNTIL THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES.

It's easy to make this happen. Just forward this message, and buy your petrol at Shell, Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons Jet etc. i.e. boycott BP and Esso.

Nick

speedyxjs

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:13 PM Reply With Quote
Only problem for me is that we (my dad ) just got fuel cards with Esso but will do with the tin top

[Edited on 17-1-08 by speedyxjs]

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

paulf

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
This is an old idea that is a waste of time as it is the tax that is the problem not the fuel cost. The fuel is only about 50p a litre at the pumps before tax.If I owned a fuel filling station i would show the price before and after tax, it is only the greedy government to blame in my mind.
Paul.

nib1980

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
where does he think Asda,Tesco, Sainsburys, Morrisons get there petrol from??? the big two anyway!
speedyxjs

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:19 PM Reply With Quote
Shell dont buy from Esso or BP and they have V-power

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

02GF74

posted on 17/1/08 at 01:49 PM Reply With Quote
Ofcourse it will work!!! Just like the fuel protests last year.

This gov needs the cash to fight the war of terror as well as to pay Lesley fish face Ash her £ 5 M!!!! compensation.

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:09 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a thought....
ask around and see how many people actually know how much they are paying for fuel ask ask them if they buy it at the cheapest place!!

I asked the 12 guys I work with where they buy fuel and ALL of then said they fill-up at the nearest place when they are getting a bit low. 3 knew how much the fuel cost(ish) but didn't care if it was cheaper or dearer then the next place.

I was asking them as the fuel at all five of the filling stations in Whitby, is listed as the most expensive in my area on petrolprices.com, and I wanted to know if it was worth waiting until I was passing somewhere else to fill-up.
I spotted a cheap place on the outskirts of York so I pulled in and started to fill up. I notice a garage about 60yards up on the other side of the road selling fuel for 2.3p a litre more. Thats nearly 10.5p a gallon more but it still had plenty of customers!!

Howsabout if everyone took notice of the cheapest places local to them, and bought fuel there. The other places would have to drop the price or not sell anything!!
I suggested to a reporter mate of mine if the local rag could publish the cheapest place for fuel (alongside the tide tables, emergency chemists, etc) but he said it would cause too much trouble.......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
DorsetStrider

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
All that will happen there is that the cheapest places will start to put up there prices as they get busyier.

The only way to wake the government up and make it take notice is another fuel blockade like we had about 5 or 6 years ago.

Basically block the depots for a couple of weeks with only fuel being allowed out to the fire and ambulance services.

After a week of no one turning up to work because they (and the buses etc) have no fuel the government will reduce tax again (for about 6 months)

Who the f**K tightened this up!

MikeR

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:01 PM Reply With Quote
Prove the fuel goes the ambulance / fire bridge.

Also what about nurses, doctors, etc. I work for a pharamceutical company (i think we're either 7th or 13th on the emergancy services list.) Last time i got a letter that i took to the nominated petrol station and i was allowed to draw fuel at the price listed on the pump. If that station was dry i went to the next etc.

So fuel has to get out for everyone.

(before you wonder, i was one of a few nominated people who got the letters due to being the head developer & agreeing to take on support for our software used in hospitals to order drugs).

How many days can you cope without getting paid?

02GF74

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:20 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DorsetStrider

The only way to wake the government up and make it take notice is another fuel blockade like we had about 5 or 6 years ago.

Basically block the depots for a couple of weeks with only fuel being allowed out to the fire and ambulance services.

that won't work now; didn't the government push trhough some legislation under the guise of anti-terrorism laws that would revoke the license from any hauliers who were protesting?

if you want change, use the ballot box, although I can hardly see the other shower bowing down and giving bags of petrol away.

onzarob

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Shell dont buy from Esso or BP and they have V-power

No, but they all get it from of the 6 or so Refineries in the UK. They just add the V-power, Esso, BP own additives and haul to the stations.

It just wont affect anyone bar the poor petrol station owners. so you'll end up driving further to find fuel...well its getting an issue in some part of Cornwall for sure.

TPG

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:45 PM Reply With Quote
I still say what was said in this

..Which was nice..

Paul TigerB6

posted on 17/1/08 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
This is an old idea that is a waste of time as it is the tax that is the problem not the fuel cost. The fuel is only about 50p a litre at the pumps before tax.

Not even that - more like 30 - 35p and the rest goes to the government. Out of that comes the retailer's profit as well as the oil company's profit as well as all the refining and crude costs. I doubt any oil company makes more than about 2p per litre, but yet our robbing government seem quick to blame them when prices rise!!

Simon

posted on 17/1/08 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Won't work.

Like I said before, a million people descending on Parliament Square to tell Gordon Brown and his cronies that we will NOT put up with his ludicrously OTT taxation policy, will.

ATB

Simon

Benzine

posted on 17/1/08 at 10:03 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Simon

Like I said before, a million people descending on Parliament Square to tell Gordon Brown and his cronies that we will NOT put up with his ludicrously OTT taxation policy, will.

I'm in

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
jono_misfit

posted on 17/1/08 at 10:58 PM Reply With Quote
Shell used to have a nice little flyer in the station at the till.

It showed a section picture of a tanker showing in bands how much the costs were.

I think (not sure) it showed the extraction / refinery cost, transport costs, selling cost, profit, and then about 75% of the tanker was tax / VAT.

I tried a search but cant find an image of it.

I dont use BP as, as far as i can see, their about 5p a litre more expensive than my local shell (101p).

These blockades / go slows / protests against the refineries are a waste of time as their not directed at the correct people. Its the UK taxation policy that is behind our high fuel prices. You either pay tax on income or tax on other elements the net taxation will be the same.

Id much prefer efficiency to be increased in a large number of government departments, a reduction in squandering of public taxation revenue, and an increase in quality of public services. This would at least justify the taxation we have or allow its reduction.

We could always blockade london for the day/week/month and see if that makes a point. Maximum disruption often gains maximum publicity.

[Edited on 17/1/08 by jono_misfit]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.