posted on 12/2/08 at 07:25 AM Reply With Quote
Snake oil anyone?

on eBay

[Edited on 12.02.2008 by Humbug]

iank

posted on 12/2/08 at 07:45 AM Reply With Quote
Think I'll pass

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Hellfire

posted on 12/2/08 at 08:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thing is... he has good feedback!!! If you've never had one surely you can't comment....

Does it really work :embarrassed: LOL

Steve

whitestu

posted on 12/2/08 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
But if they worked wouldn't manufacturers fit them?

I reckon it is human nature to try to prove you haven't wasted your money so some people will change their driving style after fitting it without realising.

Most of the feedback is for a smooth transaction, and is not saying the device works.

Stu

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:03 AM Reply With Quote
what is it for all those poor folk who have no e-bay access

down with the evil IT overlords

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
joneh

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
This device will save you 20% off your current fuel bill, all my customers are satisfied they all cannot be wrong. Diesel and Petrol OVER £1.00 per litre, (£5.00 per gallon AND RISING) I look at anything which may help save my monthly fuel bill.
POSIFLOW fuel saving device, works simply by attaching the magnets to the fuel line using the 2 tie wraps supplied. I was a sceptic to begin with but fitted one to my 306 D-TURBO and travel from Wincanton to London regularly for £10.00 as apposed to £13.00 or £14.00 which is simply wonderful ( In one trip to London and return I have saved between £6.00 and £8.00 on fuel so the item has paid for itself relativerly quickly).

This simple device was originally fitted to Merlin aircraft engines during the War, fuel was in short supply, and often a cocktale of combustable fuels and oils was put into aircraft, magnets work by organising the moleclues in straight lines, thus the burn in the combustion chamber is more effieceint, thus saving fuel 20% and claims 50% less emissions as well as a cleaner smoother running engine.

Apart from breaking molecular chains that include contaminants to free the fuel element - it also charges the fuel to ionise it - thus increasing the difference between the fuel and the oxygen molecule creating a charged mixing to assist fuel oxygen combination and therefore combustion Since oxygen is positiverly charged, south polarity magnets such as these work best

The spray into the combustion chamber is finer which also helps the burn.

This device can be fitted by anyone who can identify the fuel line to the injectors or carburetter and usually takes 5 minutes with no tools required. Can be fitted to motorbikes as well as cars, vans, lorries etc etc. These can be fitted to both diesel and petrol engines upto 2.5 litre (2.500cc), then you just place two eco devices side by side for larger capacity engines.

I have had some excellent feedback accross the board, brilliant on motorbikes, generators, and delievery white van men to name just a few who have been bothered.

Older cars have begun to run smoother with increased performance felt through the accelerater pedal. Finally totally portable from one car to the next this represents excellent value.Normal Retail £49.95.

Good Luck Happy bidding.

PLEASE READ MY FEEDBACK ALL THE HUNDREDS OF NOW SATISFIED SCEPTICS ARE HAPPY ESPECIALLY NOW THIS GOVERNMENT HAS JUST ADDED ANOTHER FURTHER 2PENCE PER LITRE ON THE EASY TARGET CALLED A MOTORIST.

Got to be b0110x!

RazMan

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
I got royally flamed a while back for even suggesting that the one I tried (10 years ago) actually saved me 10% on fuel. I did a reasonably sceptic trial (it was a gift), logging fuel consumption over a three month period like a true nerd but couldn't say otherwise - the figures were accurate and if I said it didn't work I would have been fibbing.

Now where's my fireproof hat gone?

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
muzchap

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

This simple device was originally fitted to Merlin aircraft engines during the War, fuel was in short supply, and often a cocktale of combustable fuels and oils was put into aircraft, magnets work by organising the moleclues in straight lines, thus the burn in the combustion chamber is more effieceint, thus saving fuel 20% and claims 50% less emissions as well as a cleaner smoother running engine.

I'm just guessing here - but the 'FUELLING' is controlled by the ECU via Injector Duration. This can have 0 effect - irregardles of whether it does what he claims (sceptical) unless he is fundamentally altering the amount of fuel being delivered into the chamber then there can be 0 efficiency improvements.

What is probably happening is a PLACEBO effect - people fit this, then suddenly focus on getting more miles to the gallon - and ADJUST their driving style accordingly. Hence, giving the illusion this works - which in a strange abstract way it does....

So you either consciously (free) decide to drive more efficiently, or pay (x amount) to a seller to convince you to drive more efficiently.

I believe pyschologists and management consultants have been dining out on this principle for years

M

------------------------------------
If you believe you're not crazy, whilst everybody is telling you, you are - then they are definitely wrong!
------------------------------------

Macbeast

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:17 AM Reply With Quote
It's fitting a magnet to the fuel line to improve economy. And the idea of running Merlin aircraft engines on a mixture of fuel and combustible oils ...
RazMan

posted on 12/2/08 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by muzchap
So you either consciously (free) decide to drive more efficiently, or pay (x amount) to a seller to convince you to drive more efficiently.

I believe pyschologists and management consultants have been dining out on this principle for years

I see your point though

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

caber

posted on 12/2/08 at 10:14 AM Reply With Quote
A girlfriend of mine had one of these and when she changed cars asked me to put it o her new one. I only agreed if she kept a fuel lo for a month before and after fitting. To my complete and utter satisfaction there was absolutely no difference what so ever. Girlfriend was even less impressed as she had been sold the thing by a previous boyfriend for £35!

Caber

jono_misfit

posted on 12/2/08 at 10:35 AM Reply With Quote
And there was me thinking the discharge from the injector would cause turbulance and atomising of the fuel mixture when leaving the nozel. I forgot if you put a magnet half a car away it would keep it all perfectly aligned up to this point then the magnetism improve the process.

If you want to improve the fuel efficiency of any car, take out all your interior trim, that stuff weighs a ton on modern cars.

[Edited on 12/2/08 by jono_misfit]

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/2/08 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by caberGirlfriend was even less impressed as she had been sold the thing by a previous boyfriend for £35!

Caber

class, oh well that's one ex boyfriend you didn't need not worry about

wilkingj

posted on 12/2/08 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
I think you are all getting confused with the Catalysing device fitted to Spitfires used in Russia during WW2.
We lent a load of Spits to the Russians along with pilots to help out. They would not run very well on the low octane Russian fuel.
The initial principle was developed in the 1930's and used later as an octane booster in Rolls Royce Merlin engines in Spitfires and Hurricanes during the last World War on the Russian front.

That device used a Tin Amalgam to bond oxygen molecules to the fuel (something along those lines).

The device on Ebay is just a Magnet, and has no chemical effect on the fuel, unlike the Catalytic device that is immersed in the fuel itself.

Dont confuse the two devices.
Read you history books instead!

PS... Moden day types of those catalytic devices are like the Broquet device
http://www.broquet.co.uk/facts.htm

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

Mr Whippy

posted on 12/2/08 at 02:41 PM Reply With Quote
Hmm, well there has been stupid things for sale with lumps of silver metal in a container, though which the fuel flowed. It also claimed to do something like bond oxygen to fuel or something. But looked so cr*p I considered it bogus and still do, as I think that any catalyst device should have the largest surface are possible, not some lumps of metal.

These things have been going around for decades, I even pulled out an ad from the 1920's which had one, again claiming miraculous fuel savings, no mention of emissions though

Millions must have been made by now from gullible fools, remember the old ad’s for medicine – ‘Cures all ailments from the common cold to afflictions of baldness!’

02GF74

posted on 12/2/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
You have to ask yourself why do Ford and other car manufacturer's invest millions of dollars, pounds and yen to develop more efficient engines when they could just pop down to maplins at lunchtime and buy a couple of magnets?

Whilst NMR is not really my field but I doubt the magnetic field from those is strong enough to make any difference to the fuel passing through it.

Bob C

posted on 13/2/08 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
It uses south pole magnets..!!!!

Halleluja - the long looked for magnetic monopole!! Boy O Boy there'll be a nobel prize in this -
gotta go & send some emails . .

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.