Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Registration Advice
RutlandHarry

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Registration Advice

I have been lurking on here and using archives during my recent build but this is my first need to post a question.

I have my SVA re-test on the 13th in Notts small problem with emissions that is sorted now. Iam after some advice on the quickest way to register my car as I was planing a trip to france on 15th. I have called DVLA notts and been told it is not possible to book an inspection without passing the SVA is this likley to be the case at all DVLA offices. Is it just not possible to get the car registered on the day at any of the DVLA offices.

Any advice on a speedy registration / tips etc would be great

Thanks in advance Andrew

JohnN

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
Shrewsbury had the DVLA inspector attend the SVA testing station the same day. At least they did a couple of years ago.
I was able to pass SVA, have the DVLA inspection and then call in at the Shresbury DVLA office to get the registration number. I then boughht the plates on the way home and fitted them that evening. Job done in a day

mackei23b

posted on 6/8/08 at 12:57 PM Reply With Quote
Seems to vary across the country, local rules apply!. I had to wait until I got my MAC certificate and then got an inspection a week later, once inspected I got the plates the same day.
clairetoo

posted on 6/8/08 at 01:09 PM Reply With Quote
It seems things have changed since my SVA - I had the DVLA inspectors visit before the test , he gave me a reg number on the spot ! Although the SVA man was a bit unhappy that I allready had plates on with the new reg number at the test !

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

RutlandHarry

posted on 6/8/08 at 01:44 PM Reply With Quote
It looks like its pot luck with the DVLA and registration then.

On the day I will drive from the SVA to notts DVLA (its on the route home) no joy there I will try my local office in Northampton.

Anyone had and recent experiance with Notts DVLA or Northants DVLA in terms on time scales?

brynhamlet

posted on 6/8/08 at 02:47 PM Reply With Quote
My car was registered at Nottingham. DVLA man was already inspecting a car at SVA at Nottingham, so he stayed on and inspected mine at the same time. Reg in post two days later. Try to find the direct line to the inspectors as they are very helpful whilst maybe the rest of the staff are not so. I had it and as a consequence side tracked the bureaucrats’ and got straight to the pit face so as to speak

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.