Board logo

Revving Supercharged V8 (Jago?) at Stoneleigh
MakeEverything - 3/5/09 at 05:02 PM

All i can say is, What a cock.
Does anyone else know what im talking about? There was a guy revving the tits off of a nice blown V8 shoehorned into some Jago thing without an exhaust.

From a distance, it sounded quite interesting, but on arrival it became clear that everyone watching, was in awe of this guy being a total dickhead.

Anyway, the point is, that there was no point to it. The car was a wreck, the engine was pissing coolant everywhere, and if the engine had gone pop then it would have injured someone.

Other than that, a great day out. Would have loved to have stayed for the weekend, but i got my bargains that i was looking for.
I hope everyone else had as good a weekend.

cloudy - 3/5/09 at 05:14 PM

I heard that too, plonker - there was a mini at it too...

James

john_p_b - 3/5/09 at 05:32 PM

yep had the honour of walking past that just as a claim of "around 700bhp" was being made. i kept walking. no disrespect to any kit car owner of any kind as we've all put blood sweat and tears into them but sometime you just have to wonder why!

Worzey - 3/5/09 at 05:33 PM

I was right next to it on the Moss Owners Site who were all trying to have a nice chat and relaxing cuppa tea

Why did he have to rev it for so long?

mr henderson - 3/5/09 at 06:34 PM

Did you hear the 'yoofs' near the Westfield slalom?

2 max-power hatchbacks nothing kit related about them at all, constantly blipping the throttle on one presumably to keep the enigne running against the draw of the multi-speaker hi fi set up that was playing boom bang bang stupid repetitive rubbish.

How on earth they were let in I don't know

John

omega0684 - 3/5/09 at 06:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mr henderson

2 max-power hatchbacks nothing kit related about them at all, constantly blipping the throttle on one presumably to keep the enigne running against the draw of the multi-speaker hi fi set up that was playing boom bang bang stupid repetitive rubbish.

John

haha i saw those two idiots, the corsa was especially sh*te!

adam1985 - 3/5/09 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:

John

haha i saw those two idiots, the corsa was especially sh*te!

arent they always

roadrunner - 3/5/09 at 07:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cloudy
I heard that too, plonker - there was a mini at it too...

James

Heard the mini, shame really, it was a zx9r conversion and it looks rather nice too.

Stuart_B - 3/5/09 at 07:43 PM

quote:

John

i saw the mini, i throught it was not a bad conversion, but i just throught that he wanted to blow up his engine.

and for the people in the people near the westfield exprinance, what a load of rubbish.

i had a great fun, i even went on the westfield experniance. it was cool.

and omega0684, is your dax green? if so i think i was looking at it. very nice work there.

stuart

MakeEverything - 3/5/09 at 09:17 PM

Dont get me wrong, im all for a bit of noise and the sound of tortured tyres, but it was just pointless. Much like the boy racers reversed up to the building with stereos blaring.
Im surprised the marshalls allowed it to go on, but then, im surprised i was allowed to park next to the dog show arena without being hustled into the carpark!

It was a Great day. I took my old Grandad there and we had a laugh to say the least.
Th only thing i didnt get, was the 0.8mm tips for my mig. Here i come Ebay!

Bought some Cleko's, Rivnut Tool, 2.4 Sierra steering rack, drill powered nibbler, ali weld solder kit thing, and a few other bits. Well pleased.

stevec - 3/5/09 at 09:38 PM

I heard the V8 thing going on from a distance, sounded crap, especially if it was supposed to be supercharged.

Steve.

[Edited on 3/5/09 by stevec]

dhutch - 3/5/09 at 10:13 PM

quote:

Yeah.
- I realise its not the spirt of it, but i cant help but feel they should have been kicked out.

Or atlease told to whisht there noise and cough up £12!

Hehe, what a mess!

Good day however, good day.

D Beddows - 3/5/09 at 11:30 PM

So the infamous bloke on the gate last year who didn't want to let in the MR2 'Ferraris' because "you'd have to let in the MAX POWER muppets as well" may actually have had a point then?

[Edited on 3/5/09 by D Beddows]

MakeEverything - 4/5/09 at 06:57 AM

But is it really his decision?

I can see why they were there, but there was only two of them, and they werent doing anything other than playing loud music. At least the kit car owners had the bonnet up, or were sitting modestly, watching people enjoy their cars.

If they had been organised (or this was done for them) then there might have been more of them, and they could have had their own stand rather than just parking in the main concourse irritating everyone.

cobra427 - 4/5/09 at 07:31 AM

I heard at one point, what I thought was a motorbike engine being revved to around 10k - was that the jago...?

I thought at the time - if that (whatever it was) lets go and there's a crowd near it.... Ouch!

Also - Am I the only one who thought that the westfield experience was on iffy ground with only using crowd barriers to stop either of those 2 westys

I know they are pro drivers and the cars very well build - but I'm just surprised that the H&S nazis let them get away with using crash barriers elsewhere on their track and not on the edges to protect the crowd.

On a final note - I took my mate who's into hot hatches and I managed to make him see the error of his ways in the 4 1/2 hours that we were at Stoneleigh and now wants to have a go building a 356 speedster.

rusty nuts - 4/5/09 at 04:42 PM

The two "yoofs" were camping close to the Luego owners club with mummy and daddy and their barking dog . Did anyone see the "nice" neons they had on on Sunday night?

wilkingj - 4/5/09 at 06:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
quote:

Yeah.
- I realise its not the spirt of it, but i cant help but feel they should have been kicked out.

Or atlease told to whisht there noise and cough up £12!

Hehe, what a mess!

Good day however, good day.

OH THOSE ones... camped not to far from us.
Sigh..........

mistergrumpy - 4/5/09 at 06:49 PM

Were quite close to me and my brothers tent too. Was thinking of going down after dark or early in the morning and perhaps leaving a note for them.

pif - 4/5/09 at 07:28 PM

were the chav racers legit, i assumed they just parked there thinking we might be impressed, no-one in our group was.

never noticed if they had official "exhibitor " cards in the cars?

weren't doing any harm considering they were parked next to the single noisiest thing at the show which was the westfield drift / do nut slalom. I am surprised they lasted so long sat there watching thousands of people walk past smirking

DaveFJ - 4/5/09 at 09:19 PM

The jago was built as a 'funny car'... designed to have silly power... all the noise was him popping wheelies in it! if you saw the size of the lump in front you realise how much power its going to take to lift that in the air!!!!

why did he do it? because he could.....

focijohn - 5/5/09 at 05:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by cobra427

Also - Am I the only one who thought that the westfield experience was on iffy ground with only using crowd barriers to stop either of those 2 westys

I know they are pro drivers and the cars very well build - but I'm just surprised that the H&S nazis let them get away with using crash barriers elsewhere on their track and not on the edges to protect the crowd.

Also....did you not notice the massive square hole in the floor off the westy owners ground surrounded with concrete?

dhutch - 5/5/09 at 08:17 PM

quote:

Yes, it crossed my mind this year as well as last.
- I watched them for a fair while, and they only made one mistake... (leaving the single cone, heading for the wall)

Last year there was certainly one that wasnt quite as good a driver as the other and it was all just untidy enough to play on the mind.

Daniel

MakeEverything - 5/5/09 at 08:29 PM

It wasnt really a westfield "Experience" though was it. It was just two reasonably good drivers hooning around a cone with oblivious passengers.

Im not sure that in the larger scheme of things, this would really sell cars would it? I mean, Kit cars arent just abour being arse end happy, and donuts..... your honour....

MakeEverything - 5/5/09 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by focijohn
quote:
Originally posted by cobra427

Also....did you not notice the massive square hole in the floor off the westy owners ground surrounded with concrete?

It was only when they realised that the Jago stand was near the entrance, they put the concrete barriers there!

Vindi_andy - 6/5/09 at 11:43 AM

I must admit I wasnt impressed when the guy in the Jago started doing laps of the vindicator club stand and the one next to us at about 5:30 pm scared the crap out of my kids with the noise and when I watched him sawing away at the steering wheel just to try and keep it in a straight line I seriously considered getting as far away as I could.

Fortunatley after 2 lap he stopped

I know we are all there to show off our cars etc but the best place to show that off is a drag strip not a show like that with a lot of people walking along the roads he is driving along. Some consideration of others needed

coozer - 6/5/09 at 01:43 PM

Thank god I held back form doughnutting round the empty car park at the top.

Vindi_andy - 6/5/09 at 03:55 PM

if it was empty no problem but this was round the club stands with people moving around

MakeEverything - 11/5/09 at 11:20 AM

It does put the Jago club in poor light, and i just hope that someone says something about it. I just hope no-one sent a letter of complaint to Stoneleigh. It could Fk it up for us all.