Board logo

MK OC Site Update
Ratt100 - 13/3/07 at 08:49 PM

Hello, for those of you that don't know me I'm Andy's son (ASH3) and I've been working hard on a new website for the MK Owners Club. This is just a brief note about the progress and when it will be online to the public.

For a start I was playing around with the old site, making worthless little improvements here and there. Then I decided to design one from scratch, which is something I've not done many times before, so I've learned a lot in the process and thank you all for being patient.

The hard part is over I think, though I know there will be a few challenges to come like making a full featured gallery for members to add how ever many pictures they like to, but that's something I'll probably get round to later. So far I've completed a fully functional login system for the club members, every single member that has joined now has their own account they can log into and view/edit information with, plus check up on their renewal dates quickly and easily. With this system, you won't have to email us any changes such as your vehicle information, name, or address. You can simply log in and alter it yourself.

Renewing? When you are logged in, you can view your account information which will display the date you joined along with the date your membership expires. If it has been over a year since your last renewal, you can click a link to take you to a payment options page where you can choose to:

> Send a one off payment via paypal
> Subscribe to an annual payment via paypal
> Send a cheque/postal order in the post

Our database of every members renewal info is abit vague to be honest, but you should know the last time you renewed so for some of you we'll leave it with you to sort out, but more recent members we should be able to keep track of more easily.

When will the new site be back up? Well now the login system is about ready for usage, and the information for every member has been entered, its just the other small parts of the site such as the events calendar etc that need to be added. These shouldn't take long and I'm sure it shouldn't take much longer than a couple of weeks at the most if I stick at it.

Last but not least, when the site is back up, remember the new address:

www.mkownersclub.net

Hope this has assured a few of you that everything is in hand Any questions, comments, or suggestions, feel free to put forward.

Thanks for reading.

Matt

[Edited on 13/3/07 by Ratt100]

[Edited on 13/3/07 by Ratt100]

bob - 13/3/07 at 08:56 PM

Well done matt and thanks for the update

graememk - 13/3/07 at 08:58 PM

YIPPIE

Hellfire - 13/3/07 at 10:20 PM

Matt, I hope you don't take this comment the wrong way but this owners club website has been almost seven months in the making now. I can appreciate how long it takes to get a website designed and up and running and can also appreciate how thankless the task of running an owners club can be.

The website sounds good but why not get it up and running sooner without all the whistles and bells and leave any improvements/modifications for later? You'd also, more than likely, get some valuable input from other members.

Phil

snoopy - 14/3/07 at 05:32 PM

i have to agree with phil get something up and running fast i have members wanting to join for over 6 months now and cant get a discount on their insurance because they cant join

Send a cheque/postal order in the post

to where ?

graememk - 15/3/07 at 06:57 PM

what we get discont on insurance? whos that with ??????

greggors84 - 15/3/07 at 08:23 PM

Some insurance companies will give you a discount if you belong to an owners club. Its worth asking when you phone around.

Ratt100 - 19/3/07 at 07:55 AM

Very well, the site should be up tonight once I finish entering everyones membership expiry dates. I'll make a new post to announce the launch

welderman - 19/3/07 at 01:16 PM

nice one