Board logo

reverse light question for iva?
chunky2772 - 25/9/10 at 08:38 PM

do i need a reverse light fitted to my bec for iva test my reverse is electric? also where should this be mounted (do i mount in the center at the rear on the car)

blakep82 - 25/9/10 at 08:45 PM

its all in the manual
link below

but, yes, you do need one. has to be either automatically switched on when reverse is selected (not really practical on a electric reverse system) or come on with a switch, in which case it MUST have a tell tale warning light

chunky2772 - 25/9/10 at 08:52 PM

my build is a locost so which one should i be looking at? what class does a kit car come under havent got a clue what im looking for!

[Edited on 25/9/10 by chunky2772]

blakep82 - 25/9/10 at 09:00 PM

its the M1 one you will need mate

adithorp - 25/9/10 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
its all in the manual
link below

but, yes, you do need one. has to be either automatically switched on when reverse is selected (not really practical on a electric reverse system) or come on with a switch, in which case it MUST have a tell tale warning light

Why is it not practical? Take the feed for the light from the same switch as the reverse. Seperate switch is just complicating things (additional switch and warning light to wire up).

jack_t - 25/9/10 at 09:03 PM

reverse light is easy on the electric reverse

just power it from the the 12v trigger to the solenoid for the starter motor
so when u press the button to engage reverse it comes on

problem solved

chunky2772 - 25/9/10 at 09:07 PM

thanks for that lads will look now cheers.

big_l - 26/9/10 at 07:13 AM

What about when you have a mnr reverse box ??? I've been struggling to get my head round mine ?????

Pezza - 26/9/10 at 11:13 AM

quote:
Originally posted by big_l
What about when you have a mnr reverse box ??? I've been struggling to get my head round mine ?????

I've mounted a micro switch under the lever, i'll grab a pic when I can.

Pezza - 2/10/10 at 01:39 PM

seems to work nicely