Board logo

Luego Suspension
skibikejohn - 13/10/11 at 02:02 PM

I attended the Newark Show where Jolly Green Giant and Rusty Nuts suggested I modify the crush tubes in my Luego Velocity suspension. I completed the job on the weekend by replacing the crush tubes with new stainless ones, 43 mm long.

It has made a huge difference to the movement of the suspension, which is much softer and quieter. The handling seems to be better although I will have to do a bit more tuning.

Thanks for the advice.

Bluemoon - 13/10/11 at 02:32 PM

Cool where did you get the SS crush tubes from?

stevegough - 13/10/11 at 03:36 PM

Alberta to Newark is quite some trip to make only to be told your crush tubes are too short! Mel (rustynuts), JGG, Geoff (wilkinJ) and a few others got to me about mine right at the start of the build - I turned the nylon bushes down on a lathe to sort it. Never had a problem suspension / handling with mine - probably partly because of this 'heads up'.

rusty nuts - 13/10/11 at 07:21 PM

Glad you have it sorted, well worth the effort. Another possible problem if your car has it is the powder coating, keep an eye on it , if it starts to lift it's best to strip the car and remove the coating. Not what you want to hear I know . Hope you enjoyed the rest of your trip and nice to have met you . Mel

skibikejohn - 14/10/11 at 01:27 PM

I got new crush tubes turned by my son,who was able to do it at his Universities machine shop. He works a lot cheaper than the local machine shop.

matt5964 - 25/8/13 at 06:55 AM

sorry to drag this old thread up, but can anyone tell me the dimensions for the correct crush tubes as I would like to get some stainless steel ones made. take it there are 8 needed and the fronts are the same as the rears?