Board logo

Luego Viento Kit
GrumpyOne - 10/12/12 at 12:45 PM

Hi Folks

I am selling my Luego Viento Kit on ebay tonight and thought I would take this opportunity to mention it here.

It's the full kit as purchased from Luego three years ago, a V6 Jag engine and Borg box plus heaps of other stuff. Never been touched since purchased, ill health is forcing me to sell.

I am asking £4000 for everything.

The ebay link number is 321038498645 and I'll update it to a link tonight when it goes live (8:00pm)

Thanks for looking.

wilkingj - 10/12/12 at 08:15 PM

I think you are asking a bit on the high side price wise.
I sold a V8 Viento on the road for £6k, so £4k is a lot in my opinion for a basic kit.
Hope it goes and you get whay you want for it.
Good luck with the sale.

Hope it finds a good home.

jossey - 10/12/12 at 08:36 PM

Luego Viento Kit Car

[Edited on 10/12/12 by jossey]

BigFaceDave - 10/12/12 at 09:36 PM

Ive got my fingers crossed for you too, Looks like my Viento is going to be going the same way after christmas bad times.....very bad times

GrumpyOne - 11/12/12 at 10:47 AM

Thanks guys, £6k for a full built car must have been very disappointing, I know selling the kit for buttons is very disappointing for me, but I just don’t have any other option. I could have it built but I don’t want to spend another 3 or 4k on top of the 6k it’s already cost, to end up with a car worth 6k if I am lucky.
I’ve taken your advice and dropped the price to £2500 just to (hopefully) get rid of it, if you know of anyone looking for a kit please tell them to grab a bargain.

ChrisW - 11/12/12 at 11:42 AM

Is it the AJ-V6 engine? ie Ford Duratec? I'm asking because I don't remember that coming in 2.8 form, only 2.5 or 3.0.

Chris

GrumpyOne - 11/12/12 at 11:50 AM

It's a 2.8 V6 out of a 1999 S-Type with VVT and Ford written all over it, yours for a bargain price ;-)))

No it is not, boll@@ks it is a 3.0 V6, where did I get 2.8 from. Even bigger bargain now.

[Edited on 11/12/12 by GrumpyOne]

ChrisW - 11/12/12 at 11:52 AM

I must say, I am tempted! I sold my Viento kit years ago and regretted it afterwards. Just a shame you're so far away and I'm totally skint.

Chris

Irony - 11/12/12 at 11:52 AM

I paid £3.5K for my kit from ebay and it wasn't quite as comprehensive as yours. I personally think that you reduced the price a bit early. I suppose it depends on how desperate you are to get rid of it.

I also think that WilkingJ let his car go for too little at £6K. It was a well put together car.

It's a absolute steal at £2.5K. Please could you direct the new buyer to this forum.

Good Look!

wilkingj - 11/12/12 at 12:50 PM

yes agreed on all points.

£6k wasnt too bad. Wouldnt have let it go for less.
Cost me £8k to build, and had it on the road for 6 years.
Just not using it ebough, and wanted a bike (Harley) to fill in another tick on my Bucket list.
Yes I have one of those (Bucket List), as I am now retired, and dont want to leave it too late

£2.5k is a steal. Its was a bit early to reduce the price.
You can always come down, hard to go up!

Agreed. Point new owner at this website, they wont regret it.
Wish I could afford to have it!

Good luck mate.

GrumpyOne - 13/12/12 at 10:01 AM

Thanks for everything guys.

Probably was a bit early to reduce the price but I really want to see this go to a good home and it should at that price, the engine, gearbox, flywheel and the new brake discs are worth over £1000 alone and could easily be sold on if not wanted.
I'll wait and see what happens but I have 33 watchers on it just now, hopefully one of them will commit and press the button ;-)

Cheers
Colin

SCAR - 13/12/12 at 06:15 PM

A pretty accurate rule of thumb on putting a value on part complete builds is about 50% of whats been spent.
£2500 seems good value for what you have on offer

GrumpyOne - 16/12/12 at 12:31 PM

55 Watchers on Ebay and 1 silly offer but I still live in hope ;-)

ChrisW - 16/12/12 at 12:44 PM

For me it's a case of bad timing. I really regretted selling my Viento kit a few years ago and would jump at the chance, except I've just shelled out on a new tin top and am thoroughly skint.

Now, if 250 of you could donate a tenner it would be problem solved, but I can't see that happening!

Chris

Tipster69 - 16/12/12 at 03:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
55 Watchers on Ebay and 1 silly offer but I still live in hope ;-)

Hi,

I am 1 of the 55, and I have been sorely, sorely tempted over the weekend. My main issue is I think I need something a bit more straightforward to build, (and with the tech support of the Manufacturer) as the last secondhand kit I bought got abandoned, and I don't want to end up in the same position next time round. That and I have a shortage of space in the Garage at present.

I am still thinking about it though, but best of luck in the meantime.

[Edited on 16/12/12 by Tipster69]

GrumpyOne - 18/12/12 at 08:54 AM

Hi Folks

Someone pressed the buy it now button and bought the kit, sorry to see it go but there is no way I could have built it on my own or drove it when it was finished, so better to make a clean break now.
Thanks for everything.

Cheers
Colin

Tipster69 - 18/12/12 at 10:05 AM

Hi,

I saw this morning you had sold it, it was a bargain. ALL THE BEST

[Edited on 18/12/12 by Tipster69]

wilkingj - 19/12/12 at 10:52 AM

Sorry to see it go... I was thinking of it, but its a kit too far for me, as I just bought a Harley!

Make sure you point the new owner to this forum, and stress how helpful it will be.

Good luck for the future.