Board logo

Digital dash speedo
F1SJL - 4/11/13 at 07:46 PM

Hi all

Looking to change my dash to an all in 1 digital unit.

Anyone have any suggestions or have one for sale

Cheers

Steve

teegray19 - 4/11/13 at 08:55 PM

Zx10-r. Really nice bit of kit.

I've got one for mine.

F1SJL - 4/11/13 at 09:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by teegray19
Zx10-r. Really nice bit of kit.

I've got one for mine.

You mean the bike zx10r clock?

If so how easy to wire up?

Thanks

Ste

teegray19 - 4/11/13 at 09:10 PM

Yeah, mine is for a bec application so more suited but very easy to wire in.

I have the wire diagram if you choose to go that route.

F1SJL - 4/11/13 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by teegray19
Yeah, mine is for a bec application so more suited but very easy to wire in.

I have the wire diagram if you choose to go that route.

Cheers mate.

Looks like a nice tidy unit.

Might look on eBay see if I can pick up a bargain. Hate the cluttered dash look. Starting hillclimb and sprints next year so cutting weight where I can!

teegray19 - 4/11/13 at 09:36 PM

I got mine for 50quid with the multi plug.

Best bit of kit I've bought. Trip computer that is pretty easy to wire in.

I used the Fi warning for the hand break warning, bits like that... I was getting away from all the garages aswell!

teegray19 - 4/11/13 at 09:38 PM

Zx12r.. Not ten.. All the wiring will be the same though.

wombat - 5/11/13 at 07:45 AM

So are you saying a bike dash will work with say a 2.0 Zetec etc.
Do you know someone who has done this?

eBay currently has Koso dash for £170.........

Smoking Frog - 5/11/13 at 10:14 AM

If fitting a bike speedo to a car engine the rev counter will rarely get past the halfway point. 8,000 rpm compared to 12,000 rpm for a bike. My koso clock has a range up to 10,000 rpm which is too great. The more the scale is suited to the engine the better it is to see needle movement.

davidimurray - 5/11/13 at 10:52 AM

I've got a KOSO DB02R with the extra tell tale lights - http://www.digital-speedos.co.uk/new-db02r-with-universal-indicator-kit-120-p.asp

It a good bit of kit but a few things to note, and this applies to a lot of bike type dashes.

Fuel sender must be either 100 or 510ohm resistance type, although you can now buy a box of tricks that supposedly allows any sender to be used.
On mine - if using MPH, the temps can only be in F
Half the tell tale lights are positive triggered and half negative triggered. This can be got around with some miniature relays.

Rod Ends - 5/11/13 at 02:00 PM

There are some cheap Koso clones on ebay - anybody tried them?

stevio73 - 13/11/13 at 08:45 AM

If the speed probe or pickup is from the sprocket on the zx10 and zx12's how easy is speed calibration in a bec application?
I'm very tempted by the zx12 clocks but the thought of then having 'magic boxes' to tweek the pulse to get an accurate speedo isn't one I like.
I assume on the KOSO clocks it's all internal and 'tweekable' being a universal fit?

Besides, the cheapest zx12 (or zx10 for that matter) clocks I can find locally at the bike breakers in Doncaster are talking £150+vat. I might as well go with the koso off fleabay for £160 delivered.