Board logo

oil seal
RedAvon - 13/9/15 at 08:22 PM

Hi Folks,

After a lot of internet searching (local motor factors a waste of time as no part number = computer says no) I'm looking for a little help sourcing an oil seal.

It is for an old caravan chassis (braked trailer) I am converting for the kit. I have tried internet bearing suppliers, as I need the taper bearings as well. I think a kit of parts could be available but the trailer chassis manufacturer is no longer trading.

I've identified that it is an imperial 1.3/8" x 2.3/8" x 1/2" seal with a metal outer casing, that is a tight fit into the machined face of the hub. Stub axle size is 1.1/4"

I can find this size but they all have a plastic outer material.

I am not sure how important it is to have the metal outer casing, but they were in tight?

I rang a couple of suppliers - who promised to ring back but didn't .........

Any pointers to a helpful supplier/internet site appreciated.

Thanks
Ian

locost7-online.com - 13/9/15 at 08:28 PM

Hi, have a look for a company called fluid power, measure the housing it fits in , the shaft size and depth, tell them it an oil seal they should be able to do you something to suit, i will also look in my stock, I have a small hydraulic business so may have something

RedAvon - 13/9/15 at 08:33 PM

Thanks for the prompt reply and info I'll check that company out ... Also, I need one for each side if you do have them.

Cheers

locost7-online.com - 13/9/15 at 08:35 PM

I will look, being rubber coated won't make any difference they all fit the same

jacko - 14/9/15 at 07:47 PM

Is it for a B&B chassis if so i found morris miner 1000 brake parts fitted but check before you buy
jacko

RedAvon - 14/9/15 at 07:59 PM

Thanks Jacko,

Yes it is a B+B trailer - Sigma II

I'm also searching for the bearings:

Inner LM67049A (1.1/4" stub axle), which I think may be mini/morris

Outer LM11949 (3/4" stub axle) which seem fairly common.

Cheers
Ian

Angel Acevedo - 15/9/15 at 12:42 PM

The bearings may be easier to find.
A couple of minutes on tinter...
http://www.yoyopart.com/oem/10117090/fag-lm67049a.html

The page lists different manufacturer Part Numbers and applications.
IIRC his bearing is also used on old Nissan Tsuru, I donīt have any idea what it may be in UK.
HTH.