Board logo

win 7 ultimate 64 bit
02GF74 - 25/6/15 at 09:26 PM

Dont suppose anyone got a win 7 64 bit activation product key going cheap?

I can get 32 bit going on dell laptop but installing 64 bit version it wont play ball.

Just to clarify.
I have dell cd for win 7 ult 32 bit, this installs fine and does not ask for product key presumably dell cd for dell laptop.

Last night made a bootable usb and intalled win 7 ult 64 on a drive and pretty sure my existing key was ok. It may that there already was win 7 installred, wad a used drive and i did notice there were 3 windows folders, two of which were my installs - i did not remove usb when laptop rebooted.

Today i formatted the hd and cannot get the prod key to work.

[Edited on 25/6/15 by 02GF74]

sheepish0001 - 26/6/15 at 11:21 AM

I've just been through a very similar experience, I bought a key off ebay in Germany for 10 euros and it was a digital delivery,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Windows-7-Ultimate-Win-32-64-Bit-OEM-Product-Key-Versand-per-Postbrief-/291470300950?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_77&hash=item43d cfbd716

Maybe something like that would work.

They generally come with a link to the iso so you can make a bootable disk, if it is ultimate even if you install in German you can change in the control panel because it is ultimate

loggyboy - 26/6/15 at 11:53 AM

Not sure if it differs for ultimate, but my ebay purchased Win 7 Pro license was for 32 and 64, you just choose your install file as 32 or 64 and used the key.
However mine was a fresh install of a never used license.

Assuming you have used the key for a 32 bit install already you may need to deactivate the old one.

Google reveals this:

Click Start, type: CMD
Right click CMD
Click Run as administrator
At the command prompt, type: slmgr.vbs -upk

Hit Enter, this will uninstall the product key from the computer and set it back to trial mode, you are now free to use it on another computer.

dubzter - 26/6/15 at 12:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by 02GF74
Dont suppose anyone got a win 7 64 bit activation product key going cheap?

I can get 32 bit going on dell laptop but installing 64 bit version it wont play ball.

Just to clarify.
I have dell cd for win 7 ult 32 bit, this installs fine and does not ask for product key presumably dell cd for dell laptop.

Last night made a bootable usb and intalled win 7 ult 64 on a drive and pretty sure my existing key was ok. It may that there already was win 7 installred, wad a used drive and i did notice there were 3 windows folders, two of which were my installs - i did not remove usb when laptop rebooted.

Today i formatted the hd and cannot get the prod key to work.

[Edited on 25/6/15 by 02GF74]

Maybe a daft question but is your hardware 64bit compatible?

02GF74 - 27/6/15 at 07:05 AM

No daft at all. Yes, laptop is 64 bit comoatibke and i hadgot win 7 64 bit installed after installing win 7 32 bit.... but wanted to regain the disk space by formatting and installing 64 bit .... which i now am regetting doing.

I dont understand why i could install it previously using the same product key but not now.