Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: theiving b$%^&rds pt 3
Antnicuk

posted on 13/3/09 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
eastern Europeans are more prevalent in violent crime, not usually Burglary. Burglaries are usually committed by young people, you say its been safe for 15 years but the burglar(s) may only be 16 years old and just getting brave/strong enough to break in to places.

600 BHP per ton, Stylus Brought back from the dead! Turbo Rotary Powered!

Peteff

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:12 PM Reply With Quote
If there's nothing in there leave the doors open like the lorry drivers do when they park empty curtain siders to save getting the sides slashed.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

tcr

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:25 PM Reply With Quote
if im gonna have a garage wi doors open i might as well just have a hard standing which is even less secure but would be better for my grandad so problem sorted the garage is coming down stuff it

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

thunderace

posted on 13/3/09 at 11:55 PM Reply With Quote
get some shot gun cartrages say 4 with no lead in them from a shooting club you can get a tube a a wire and tape a nail onto the shells open the door the brick falls down the tube hiting the nails BANG soar ears for a week and wet paints lol.
it works they will never come back .
i heard one go off it was in my mates garage to protect his bike he set it off by mistake lol i live 2 streets away and heard it lol.

A1

posted on 14/3/09 at 02:02 AM Reply With Quote
sorry for you. were not even allowed to protect our property any more...
heard a story involving a car that was being vandalised continuously and a man with a bat waiting for the culprit. it stopped when his legs were broken.

cobra427

posted on 14/3/09 at 08:11 AM Reply With Quote
I'm not saying the area where I work is rough - but even the vicarage for the church has 6 cameras - steel grills over every window/door and a 10ft fence topped with razor wire around his car

A few years ago we got done over by gippos - took everything - tools, parts (inc new 4.2 for my rangy) and a stack of knackered tires.

about three weeks later and crime rate had got higher - one of said gippos slipped up and tried to sell some of tools to a mate.

that night their camp was "visited" upshot - we got some stuff back...

Turns out the gippo had tried to sell our mate some stuff that they'd knicked from him.. so he'd got some people together to go and have a quiet word with em.

When the council stop messing me about and grant planning for my garage - I'm going to look at "things" that can legally be installed in cars - as security for my garage. as that lot will run off 12v if the mains feed gets interrupted somehow.

There's no substitute for CC's

tomprescott

posted on 14/3/09 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
I saw a 15/16 year old kid trying to break into my car once, the door was locked but not quite flush with the body so he was trying to pull it open. I saw him walking past a day or two later (I live on a main road) - so I followed him home, never had any trouble after that.

It makes me sick that the law completely favours the criminals, it wouldn't have suprised me if you got fined for damaging their tools when they tried to break in! I think the lights are not a bad idea to make your dad feel that little bit safer though.

rgrs

posted on 14/3/09 at 09:02 AM Reply With Quote
have a look at this

smoke cloak vid linky

its very good you can't see your hand in front of your face in seconds

Roger

wilkingj

posted on 14/3/09 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by speedyxjs
Car battery connected to the door handles?

Dont be silly 12V DC will not even hurt an Ant.

Go stick your fingers across the battery in your car, and see what I mean. You wont feel anything, as the body's resistance is so high, that at 12V not enough current will flow to even feel it. Unless you put 12V across your wet tongue etc. But across your hands... No chance, not a saussage.

You need 120V DC before it will have an effect, or about 80V AC.

80V AC is what rings your phone, and you will dop that VERY quickly its a good non lethal belt! Unless you were up a Phone Pole in winter, pushing up through the old style open wires and someone got a call (wires touching your ears) It was enough to nearly make you let go of the pole. Believe me I have been there on more than one occasion. (they are all insulated overhead wires now)

The Telex machines worked on +80 and -80 volts DC (160VDC agross the line).
I have seen engineers stuck to the distrubution frame in an exchange (40 years ago) as they couldnt let go / were stuck to it.

Legally speaking, you are laible for everones safety whilst they are on your property (Invited or NOT).

Personally I would use a RF generator, again non lethal power range, but it gives RF burns to the skin that take months to heal.

This was how a lot of Wartime clandestine radio operators were caught / identified.
They often tuned their sets in the dark, with their finger on the aerial terminal. Tuned for max pain (power). But it left nasty burns that look like a wart!

So there... DONT set traps. Mind you they should turn the lights on, so they could se where they are going, and not step on that upturned harrow that you were sharpening up the tines thats laid on the floor in the workshop

EDIT:
Lights and some CCTV signs. even with NO cameras, they dont know that, and will worry THEY cant see them.
Dummy boxes are a waste of time, they know what they look like.

[Edited on 14/3/2009 by wilkingj]

1. The point of a journey is not to arrive.
2. Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Best Regards
Geoff
http://www.v8viento.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paul the 6th

posted on 14/3/09 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
time to buy an air pistol & some handcuffs in all seriousness though, I think I'd be happy to end up before the courts if it meant I'd done some serious damage to the scumbags...

GoDesign.me.uk - Self Adhesive Vinyl Artwork, Wide Format Printed Artwork and Customised Heat Pressed Clothing...

--------

http://picasaweb.google.com/haynesroadster - Roadster Photo Build Log

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
tcr

posted on 14/3/09 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paul the 6th
time to buy an air pistol & some handcuffs in all seriousness though, I think I'd be happy to end up before the courts if it meant I'd done some serious damage to the scumbags...

do you know my bro (repper) he lives in acomb ?

MK MIDI ZX10R
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4393256076054.2182513.1427988207&type=1&l=64c91c3c17
why isnt anything simple!!!
torquetune.co.uk
nrpexhausts.co.uk

A1

posted on 14/3/09 at 03:38 PM Reply With Quote
im not big on electrics, but im sure i was told that it more the current that does the damage rather than the voltage?
that was when we were being shown pics of a guy who had his arm cut off by an electric shock...

owelly

posted on 14/3/09 at 03:50 PM Reply With Quote
An electric fence transformer does the trick.
I'd be tempted to booby trap the garage to keep the feckers IN!
Imagine being trapped inside waiting to meet the guy(s) you were trying to burgle..........

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
MikeRJ

posted on 31/10/09 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
In my eyes - a victimless crime

A public service in mine...

MikeRJ

posted on 31/10/09 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by A1
im not big on electrics, but im sure i was told that it more the current that does the damage rather than the voltage?

I=V/R

Given the bodies high resistance, you need high voltage to get a high current to flow.

Wheels244

posted on 31/10/09 at 01:07 PM Reply With Quote
I had my house burgled 5 times,
Garage twice,
Car twice,

I fitted alarms, lights etc - didn't make any difference - they're in and out before anybody reacts - which nobody does to alarms these days - think about the last one you heard, did you do anything ?

Police - sorry, no use whatsoever - I even offered to put my motobike outside the house to tempt the thieves - was told this would be 'entrapment' and is not legal.

After the last burglary I moved out, put the house on the market the same week and sold it.

It really pains me to say - you won't beat the scum, they're too many of them and our sentances are a joke - the courts would rather jail people for speeding.

I would love to have caught one of them - I wouldn't have bothered with the police - but they wouldn't be picking their nose for a while !!!!!

clairetoo

posted on 1/11/09 at 07:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
An electric fence transformer does the trick.
I'd be tempted to booby trap the garage to keep the feckers IN!
Imagine being trapped inside waiting to meet the guy(s) you were trying to burgle..........

I like your thinking

Its cuz I is blond , innit

Claire xx

Will weld for food......

morcus

posted on 1/11/09 at 08:19 AM Reply With Quote
Lights and a dog(s) are your best bet.

Leaving a motorbike in an area you knew there were thieves in the hope of catching them wouldn't be entrapment and would be perfectly legal, It would only be entrapment if you told them to knick it or at least left the key in as your perfectly entitled to park a motorbike outside. Typical police BS.

If you do find out who did it, take them to civil court rather than beating them up, your more likely to get a result than criminal court.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.