Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: racetec DASH2 Pro
peter030371

posted on 16/11/14 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jeffw
I use the GPS as the speedo....I have a hall effect sensor but it is a pain to setup with the English Axle. The GPS works fine although it isn't likely to pass IVA

Hi Jeff, i'm still 6 months away from fitting my Dash2 Pro but maybe you can answer my question. Do you have any issues using the GPS for speed on the road? Does the odometer still clock up the miles from the GPS speed?

I am at the stage where I need to decide to fit a hall effect speed sensor....or not if I don't need it

jeffw

posted on 16/11/14 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it works fine and the Odometer works as well. If you lose the GPS signal you obviously don't have a speedo (lots of tree cover or tunnel typically) and it is sometimes slow to sync so you can drive from starting the car for 2-3 mins without a speedo. Apart from that it deadly accurate (remember this while going past speed cameras).

[Edited on 16/11/14 by jeffw]

rodgling

posted on 16/11/14 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
I'm also using GPS speedo. I have a speed sensor in the diff as standard anyway so I've wired this up so I could use it if GPS proves unreliable but so far it's fine. Occasionally drops signal under trees but never had any other issues.
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.