<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: wheel choice big power seven
Dan.

posted on 19/2/15 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jwhatley
Yes it was busa powered.

Try Avon - look at the CR500 in perticular. Great all round track day/road tyre.

Under 600kg for you wet with driver I doubt will be achievable to be honest, especially if you are charge cooling and dry sumping.

I had adjustable boost with waste gate and spool up correction against RPm. It was the closest I could get to launch control as my Ecu didn't support it. I had just the one map which used boost/rpm/temperature compensation against MAP. That way I could control the boost through my controller and have the engine map correct for each boost setting.

Personally, I'd ditch the cosworth ones and sell them. You'll be surprised how much they will fetch compared to say a willwood setup. Plus you are talking a huge amount less unsprung weight.

TBH - It's all very well having the power and the go, but when you can't corner or stop then you really are wasting your time building the car to be 'quick'.

[Edited on 19/2/15 by jwhatley]

Thanks will have a look ..

Luckily I only weigh 55KG... But I think you are correct Im unlilkely to meet the target weight... No harm in trying though

Boost control in mine is TPS vs RPM also tied into knock detection etc, I also have Launch control and Traction control.

Its a shame light weight uprights are not available to compliment light weight calipers / wheels, I'll keep an eye out for a set of wilwoods at a sensible price. Did you run 13s on your car?

jwhatley

posted on 19/2/15 at 08:18 PM Reply With Quote
Yes I had 13's, no problems at all with the powerlite setup on it including the handbrake.

Which Ecu are you using in this? If you run this sequential turbo setup, how will you regulate each waste gate for RPM vs TPS? Or are you bypassing boost in recirc?

How will you achieve launch and traction control, Are you going to use indivual wheel speed pick ups?

I'm intrigued in to this setup, it sounds quite complicated!

Dan.

posted on 19/2/15 at 08:50 PM Reply With Quote
[Quote]Originally posted by jwhatley
Yes I had 13's, no problems at all with the powerlite setup on it including the handbrake.

Which Ecu are you using in this? If you run this sequential turbo setup, how will you regulate each waste gate for RPM vs TPS? Or are you bypassing boost in recirc?

How will you achieve launch and traction control, Are you going to use indivual wheel speed pick ups?

I'm intrigued in to this setup, it sounds quite complicated!

good to hear your brakes were sufficient certainly inspires confidence in going for smaller ones....

Im using standard engine management which can be programmed using freeware! One of tbe msin reasons i chose this engine along with tbe fact they sre built like tanks can take abuse without being forged and also very easy to dry sump. I'm adding race logic traction control for TC and LC.

The wastegates will not be individually regulated by the ECU they will be purely mechanically controlled, however a master wastegate controlled by the ECU will controll overall boost pressure bypassing both turbos as necessary. With no boost the primary turbo wastegate will be closed to spool ASAP and the secondary turbos will be open to reduce back pressure.
At a set boost pressure (when the first turbo has met it's target) the 2nd turbo wastegate will close bringing it online allowing boost pressure to be maintained up the rev range.
The master wastegate will start to bypass both turbos to prevent over boost.

Would probably make more sense if I draw it out...

Yes I have individual wheel speed sensors cos worth hubs have ABS pickups on them and at the rear ill pick the signal up from each side of the diff.

It's not the most simplistic of systems but I like a challenge and I have an option b, c, and d. Won't cost me much to experiment other than my time some pipe and welding rods

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.