Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: london (just got back)
BenB

posted on 27/9/07 at 12:22 PM Reply With Quote
Don't drive in London. Not worth it!!!!

Take the train down, you can get everywhere either by bus or tube.

And there's always walking. They did a thing a few nights ago on the news about how Londoners never walk and take tubes for silly journeys.

Last night I put this to the test. Had dinner @ Covent Garden, needed to go to the Royal Festival Hall. Was planning on tubing it (would have allowed 25 mins for it), walked it in 12!!!! London is not that big!!

Driving around the Docklands is a pain in the arse. I tried driving there once. Never again. Major traffic jams and congestion due to the Rotherhide tunnel.

The only thing you have to be careful of is if you're using the Docklands Light Railway they don't run as late as the tube (or they didn't used to!)....

It's worth using Transport for London website to work out your journey in advance. Also, some of the Docklands is a bit dead late at night- you'll probably want to go more into the centre....

martyn_16v

posted on 27/9/07 at 07:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James
Park in Park Lane underground car park.

You'll be surrounded by Ferraris, Porches, Astons and Bentleys that are left there long-term by owners who live nearby.

When I used to look after a site by Marble Arch I used to regularly park my battered van between a mint DB5 and a Lambo

I quite enjoy driving in London, but probably only because I drive a) a big white van I don't pay to repair, and b) like a c***. There's almost different 'rules' in London, everyone does it and so everyone expects it and doesn't get as annoyed at being cut up as people elsewhere might. I actually get far more annoyed by blithering idiots on motorways than I ever have in London

eccsmk

posted on 27/9/07 at 10:22 PM Reply With Quote
thank you to all
ive decided to get the train down there and see how it goes
im pleased i asked i was just going to jump in my car and rely on sat nav
thanks again

eccsmk

posted on 8/10/07 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
pleased i didn't drive so easy jumping on the train and having a few pints on my walk around
underground takes a bit of getting used to but it was a fun weekend

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.