Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What jobs are you guys doing?
JoelP

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I was in a trade retail outlet one evening last week, nice and quiet at about 8pm, when i came across two employees in an aisle restacking shelves - and i realised how damned lucky i am to enjoy my job. It looked like soul destroying work, countless nasty products to sort out, and undoubtedly a dreadful wage. Made me shudder to think of a life spent in that hell hole. Then at the till another lass was picking an order and had an armful of different wooden profiles, about 30 of them, stood there sorting and scanning them. Nearly made me sick

That is the basis of a capitalist society. You get slightly rich by having a skill, or mega rich by 'using' people for your own ends. Loads of people on a crap wage supporting a few on a good wage.

You either need a skill, or you need to employ people. Or both!

For the butty van route, you need to get one and work on it to learn the industry, then you need to buy loads and get employees to staff them. You need to pay the right amount of wage, enough to keep them but little enough that you end up in a 900k house. There are many other lucrative businesses that you wouldnt expect to earn so well, such as bin or window cleaning.

To reiterate, if you work a job, your wage is per hour and it is limited by the hours in a week. As an employer you earn from percentages, which can be unlimited.

Benzine

posted on 22/9/09 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
There are many other lucrative businesses that you wouldnt expect to earn so well, such as bin or window cleaning.

Yeah... the window cleaner that does my parent's house charges £30... he's there for about 40 minutes! I keep asking why they still pay and apparently "he does a good job" Is that the going rate for window cleaning?!

I'd love to follow him home one day and see if he lives in a mansion

The mental gymnastics a landlord will employ to justify immoral actions is clinically fascinating. Just because something is legal doesn't make it moral.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
adam1985

posted on 22/9/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Im currently a self employed plumbing and heating engineer packed out with work on some quite prestigious projects but my god theres alot of hassle with it im working weekends leaving some mornings at 6.30 and getting home at silly o clock at night
Yeah the money is brill but i feel like ive got no life anymore works taking over so much so im looking into jobs inspecting and surveying

JoelP

posted on 23/9/09 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by adam1985
Im currently a self employed plumbing and heating engineer packed out with work on some quite prestigious projects but my god theres alot of hassle with it im working weekends leaving some mornings at 6.30 and getting home at silly o clock at night
Yeah the money is brill but i feel like ive got no life anymore works taking over so much so im looking into jobs inspecting and surveying

I know the feeling, just got in now, out again at 615, and will definately be working late all weekend.

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.