Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:04 PM Reply With Quote
Well done blakep82

as above

Steve G

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
yeah well done. No idea what for but well done anyway. Someone gonna give us a clue then??
omega0684

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
did he manage to dress himself without help?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
blakep82

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
ha ha ha!

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scootz

posted on 23/8/09 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
He's not the Messiah... he's just a very naughty boy!
omega0684

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
is anyone going to enlighten us as to why blake is getting praise?
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
owelly

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:47 PM Reply With Quote
Well done from all at Owelly Towers. I hope it was enjoyable. Whatever it was...

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

GrumpyOne

posted on 23/8/09 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
Congratulations, you have made it on to the top posters board. (?)

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

iscmatt
Contributor

Posts 1929
Registered 30/3/06
Location York

Photo Archive Go!
Building: - BUILT - 2.0 pinto indy, Kent Cam, zzr1100 carbs

posted on 23/8/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyOne
Congratulations, you have made it on to the top posters board. (?)

dadaaaa!!!

You are correct!

(You don't win anything though!)

blakep82

posted on 24/8/09 at 12:24 AM Reply With Quote
he wins my good wishes and gratitude

awesome, i've (can't think of the right word) my lifes ambition. ever since i was little, in fact its one of my earliest memories, i wanted to be on that locostbuilders top poster board.
when i was at school, i never did well in my exams. many put this down to me being stupid, or 'thick as sh*t' as my maths teacher wrote on my report card. my parents cried themselves to sleep for weeks after.

the truth is, in fact, that since the mid 80's, all i could think about was the top poster board, and how to achieve (maybe thats the worded i wanted at the start?) goal. i couldn't concentrate, as i'd sit through class day dreaming about this day. this glorious day of days when i could finally get on that board. while other kids around me were writing notes they could use to study from, at the end of the class i just had a blank sheet of paper staring back at me.

i was doomed. i started to panic, but there was nothing i could do to get my mind off it. after 13 years in school, and nothing to show for it, exams loomed like a dark cloud over me. I failed the lot of them. I struggled to get a job, after all, who wanted to employ a complete failure? eventually i got a job working in a shop, it was minimum wage and was barely enough to support me. this worry hit me hard. thats when i started to hit the drink pretty bad. easily 2 litres of vodka a day. i was in a downward spiral of drink and depression.

i thought it couldn't get any worse, and thats when i met kerry katona. i got a dependancy on drugs. i couldn't afford to live never mind my addicitons. thing was, she kept in supply of anything i wanted. i lost friends, and my marriage broke up soon after. i knew i had to get myself on the staright and narrow if i wanted to see my kids again.

after all, it was affecting my dream of that top poster board!

i tried to get myself clean and get a new job. the blue sky started to show through when i landed a job with RBS, i though my luck was in. i was very wrong (the managers there were worse than kerry katona, jesus christ). what a load of old shite that was. after 4 years of ups and downs, i lost my job there. in all fairness it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. it allowed me to reset my sights on that goal.

i knew if i could meet that, everything would be fine. over the 4 months or so i was unemployed, i worked on increasing my post count, working towards getting on the top 10 posters, until i was finally there! i couldn't believe it, i'd finally made it!

when the (ex)wife heard about it she came running back to me, begging for me to take her and the kids back. i told her where to go.

i have to thank all the people who stood by me in making this dream come true, omega0685 (who knew why this thread was started, but was playing ignorance to it and he was worried it might ruin me. it didn't, but i completely understand he was just looking out for me), ecclmk, iscmitt*, amongst others, my mum and dad for always sticking by me through the worst times, my friend ashleigh for being there for me and i know i can tell her anything, and she'll never tell another soul. i'd also like to thank god. well, i say i'd like to. i doubt he even exists, so i'm not gonna

but i would like to thank EVERYONE on here for putting up with it

now i can start to rebuild my life. i'm going to college to study for all the grades i missed at school and i start that on thursday, hopfully them i can get a better job to live a decent life.

though in saying that, being at the top of that board is looking pretty tempting... i'll have a small sherry while i think about it...

* those involved have had their names changed to protect their indentity

100% of the above is complete bollox, but its a heart-warming tale never-the-less, and a speech any oscar winner would be proud of

edited to add paragraphs and make a bit easier to read

[Edited on 24/8/09 by blakep82]

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

speedyxjs

posted on 24/8/09 at 06:18 AM Reply With Quote
lol well done

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Nash

posted on 24/8/09 at 08:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
he wins my good wishes and gratitude

awesome, i've (can't think of the right word) my lifes ambition. ever since i was little, in fact its one of my earliest memories, i wanted to be on that locostbuilders top poster board.
when i was at school, i never did well in my exams. many put this down to me being stupid, or 'thick as sh*t' as my maths teacher wrote on my report card. my parents cried themselves to sleep for weeks after.

the truth is, in fact, that since the mid 80's, all i could think about was the top poster board, and how to achieve (maybe thats the worded i wanted at the start?) goal. i couldn't concentrate, as i'd sit through class day dreaming about this day. this glorious day of days when i could finally get on that board. while other kids around me were writing notes they could use to study from, at the end of the class i just had a blank sheet of paper staring back at me.

i was doomed. i started to panic, but there was nothing i could do to get my mind off it. after 13 years in school, and nothing to show for it, exams loomed like a dark cloud over me. I failed the lot of them. I struggled to get a job, after all, who wanted to employ a complete failure? eventually i got a job working in a shop, it was minimum wage and was barely enough to support me. this worry hit me hard. thats when i started to hit the drink pretty bad. easily 2 litres of vodka a day. i was in a downward spiral of drink and depression.

i thought it couldn't get any worse, and thats when i met kerry katona. i got a dependancy on drugs. i couldn't afford to live never mind my addicitons. thing was, she kept in supply of anything i wanted. i lost friends, and my marriage broke up soon after. i knew i had to get myself on the staright and narrow if i wanted to see my kids again.

after all, it was affecting my dream of that top poster board!

i tried to get myself clean and get a new job. the blue sky started to show through when i landed a job with RBS, i though my luck was in. i was very wrong (the managers there were worse than kerry katona, jesus christ). what a load of old shite that was. after 4 years of ups and downs, i lost my job there. in all fairness it was probably the best thing that could have happened to me. it allowed me to reset my sights on that goal.

i knew if i could meet that, everything would be fine. over the 4 months or so i was unemployed, i worked on increasing my post count, working towards getting on the top 10 posters, until i was finally there! i couldn't believe it, i'd finally made it!

when the (ex)wife heard about it she came running back to me, begging for me to take her and the kids back. i told her where to go.

i have to thank all the people who stood by me in making this dream come true, omega0685 (who knew why this thread was started, but was playing ignorance to it and he was worried it might ruin me. it didn't, but i completely understand he was just looking out for me), ecclmk, iscmitt*, amongst others, my mum and dad for always sticking by me through the worst times, my friend ashleigh for being there for me and i know i can tell her anything, and she'll never tell another soul. i'd also like to thank god. well, i say i'd like to. i doubt he even exists, so i'm not gonna

but i would like to thank EVERYONE on here for putting up with it

now i can start to rebuild my life. i'm going to college to study for all the grades i missed at school and i start that on thursday, hopfully them i can get a better job to live a decent life.

though in saying that, being at the top of that board is looking pretty tempting... i'll have a small sherry while i think about it...

* those involved have had their names changed to protect their indentity

100% of the above is complete bollox, but its a heart-warming tale never-the-less, and a speech any oscar winner would be proud of

edited to add paragraphs and make a bit easier to read

[Edited on 24/8/09 by blakep82]

'kin 'ell.... You need to get out more mate!

...... Neil

It's What You Do Next That Counts.

Build It, Buy It, Drive It:
Southern Kit Car Club

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.