Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Granada Diff
Irony

posted on 17/9/09 at 09:56 PM Reply With Quote
Granada Diff

As with my other post (see Rover V8 engine codes) I am trying to find out info on my ebay Luego Viento.

I have little experience for these things but I am thirsty for info so here goes:

On the back of my car is a 7 1/2 inch Granada Rear LSD Diff (or so the grumpy scot I bought it from said, he was actually a cool guy). On the diff there is a metal tag which has the barely readable numbers AJA 364 or ADA 364, followed by 9100. Elsewhere of the diff I have seen raised letters saying 1A K29 004-BA

What do these numbers mean and what car have they come from? I assume the diff and shafts and brake assembly came off the same car so I would like to find out what car this was so I can buy a haynes manual for it and also the right discs and pads!!!

Anyone?

GrumpyOne

posted on 17/9/09 at 10:29 PM Reply With Quote
Another grumpy Scot here

The 364 is the diff ratio, so it's a 3.64, if it's a LSD the I think it must have came from a 4X4 as they were the only ones that had the LSD. Unless I am wrong? Not sure about the other numbers, but I think they are the part number and the manufactured date.

HTH

[Edited on 17/9/09 by GrumpyOne]

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Liam

posted on 17/9/09 at 10:49 PM Reply With Quote
4x4 would have a 7" diff. If it's definately a 7.5" diff, definately an LSD, and definately from a Granada, then it almost certainly is from a pre-bugeye 24V cossie.

Liam

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
GrumpyOne

posted on 17/9/09 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Liam
4x4 would have a 7" diff. If it's definately a 7.5" diff, definately an LSD, and definately from a Granada, then it almost certainly is from a pre-bugeye 24V cossie.

Liam

Just looked it up on Google and you are correct, so I bow to superior knowledge
The ADA marking means it is a LSD though and from a Granada not a Scorpio, Scorpio's had traction control and no LSD's.
The driveshafts should be thicker than a normal Granada as well.

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

Irony

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the replies guys

This link implies it def is a 7.5 inch LSD

http://www.sierraclub.co.uk/mechanical-issues-f10/diff-types-t98.html

Apparently any code with multiple A's is a limited slip and any with 2 bolts at the top is a 7.5 inch.

But that still doesn't help me find out where the diff came from and therefore where the shafts, hubs and brakes came from, if they came from the same car at all.

I have attached some pics to show the problem with the lower mounting, the long bolts not long enough and there is a space between the mountings. Is a spacer (lots of correctly sized washer?) and a longer bolt all thats needed. Any ideas where such a bolt can be obtained? Rescued attachment DSCF0173
Rescued attachment DSCF0173

Irony

posted on 18/9/09 at 08:10 AM Reply With Quote
Another pic Rescued attachment DSCF0177
Rescued attachment DSCF0177

GrumpyOne

posted on 18/9/09 at 09:33 AM Reply With Quote
Measure the disk, if it measures 273mm then it has came from a 2.9 Cosworth which they only made from 91-95 before bringing out the Scorpio.

And yeah, longer bolt and a spacer, any fastener company should have a longer bolt. Or speak to Ben at Luego, if you get really stuck let me know and I'll get you one up here (my chum owns a fastener co)

[Edited on 18/9/09 by GrumpyOne]

Irony

posted on 18/9/09 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
I can't measure the disc because I dont have one to measure. I have no rear discs for the rears but discs for the front. I have googled and googled to try and find out what calipers they are but to no avail. I don't have a photo here of the calipers and hubs as I am at work now

Ha I do have discs and pads for the front. If I measure the fronts and find out what there from theres a good chance the rears will be front the same car......the plot thickens

[Edited on 18/9/09 by Irony]

GrumpyOne

posted on 18/9/09 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Fronts should be 278mm if they are from the Cosworth.

But if I remember correctly you can't use the front hubs from a Granada as they don't fit, (I had this conversation before when I bought the Scorpio as a doner, I had to buy Sierra front hubs), so the fronts are probably from a Sierra, but I could be wrong.

Another thought, are the rear hubs four or five stud?

[Edited on 18/9/09 by GrumpyOne]

blakep82

posted on 18/9/09 at 03:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
(or so the grumpy scot I bought it from said, he was actually a cool guy

from frankie boyle:

when John Logie Baird invented the TV, people came round to congratulate him, to which he said "aye, but there's f*** all on!"

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

GrumpyOne

posted on 18/9/09 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
(or so the grumpy scot I bought it from said, he was actually a cool guy

from frankie boyle:

when John Logie Baird invented the TV, people came round to congratulate him, to which he said "aye, but there's f*** all on!"

And there is still f*** all on

jacko

posted on 18/9/09 at 07:05 PM Reply With Quote
this may help you
Are you sure your is 7.5 ?
how many wheel studs do you have on a hub if it has 8mm bolts in the drive shafts its 4x4 sierra if there 10mm bolts it could be sierra cozzy
diffs
diffs

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.