Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: O/T Paypal question?
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 25/9/09 at 10:49 AM Reply With Quote
O/T Paypal question?

Had my mother phone me last night for a chat post-holiday. Amongst other things, she noticed her bank account was rather depleted, and couldn't understand why; seems Paypal payments had come out, but nothing had gone in!

Apparenty, when money is sent via Paypal, then you only have 30 days in which to claim it and transfer to a bank account. Now, she didn't know this, as is subsequently circa £500 out of pocket. She's got a list of all incoming transactions, but am I right in thinking the monies that have laid unclimed will be returned to the sender, or eld in an Escrow-type account?

I've used her account for dealings on here a couple of times as I lost details of my Paypal account years ago (zero balance), and couldn't be dealing with the hassle of trying to prove to them I am who I say I am.

The helpline is an international number, and she's sent e-mails but heard nothing back. Has anyone else had experiences similar to this with Paypal, and can offer some assistance?

As much as I love the comedy replies of "call the helpline, it'll offset in the cost of returns!" I was actually hoping for some serious advice as I don't want to see her lose out on all that money.

Seems silly, really!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

Blackcab

posted on 25/9/09 at 10:52 AM Reply With Quote
Are you sure thats right - I never transfer money from my paypal .... mainly because First direct wont accept it , I hvae never noticed that they can take it back after days
marcjagman

posted on 25/9/09 at 10:55 AM Reply With Quote
Sounds like someone has hacked into the account some how or unfortunately she has replied to a bogus pay pal scam mail
matt_claydon

posted on 25/9/09 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
Paypal money stays in your account forever. I don't remember anything about a limit to transfer it out to your bank but there may be one. However, if you have 500 quid in your paypal account the next time you buy anything withh paypal you will just spend that money before any more comes out of your bank - you haven't lost it.
Charlie_Zetec

posted on 25/9/09 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Nope, she's never replied to any bogus e-mails. I've told her to always log on to the Paypal site direct if she has a message, never follow links etc.

I think it needs further investigation, but does seem a bit odd to me....

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity!

GrumpyOne

posted on 25/9/09 at 11:06 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by matt_claydon
Paypal money stays in your account forever. I don't remember anything about a limit to transfer it out to your bank but there may be one. However, if you have 500 quid in your paypal account the next time you buy anything withh paypal you will just spend that money before any more comes out of your bank - you haven't lost it.

Absolutly, I leave my incoming money in my PayPal account and use it for purchases, sometimes it is there for months before I use it. They can't take it off of you, it's not their money.

My wife is very understanding, she understands that if I am in the garage I am not in the house annoying her.

franky

posted on 25/9/09 at 12:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Blackcab
Are you sure thats right - I never transfer money from my paypal .... mainly because First direct wont accept it , I hvae never noticed that they can take it back after days

You need to check that out, I bank with the above and always transfer money from paypal into my account..

02GF74

posted on 25/9/09 at 01:22 PM Reply With Quote
I bought an amp recently, paid via paypal.

Seller requested I gave feedback since he was not able to claim the money for 14 days.

Or something like that - maybe similar has happened but from my understanding the money will get there after 14 days.

Also look at paypal transaction history, whilst I don't claim to be a paypal god, I am pretty sure all transactiins going in and out will be shown in account history that goes back a fair few months.

.... but again I may be talking nutsack since I have not looked at paypal for a while

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.