Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Help! What GPS in France/Italy
v8kid

posted on 14/7/11 at 02:35 PM Reply With Quote
Help! What GPS in France/Italy

Decided on the spur of the moment to go camping in the Med for a month but my Navman F20 does not cover Europe.

Recommendations for a replacement or locost upgrade?

Cheers!

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bbwales

posted on 14/7/11 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I have found the TomTom go live Europe series brilliant and have used them extensively on my tours the last 2 years and will be using one again this year to Poland. You can also use TYRE (Trace your Route Everywhere) to put points of interest on them and if you use Archiescamping you can download campsites onto the TomTom too.

Regards

Bob

chrisxr2

posted on 14/7/11 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
What phone??

Got a nokia??? Free maps worldwide.

Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

stevec

posted on 14/7/11 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
I used a Garmin Nuvi, in France, Italy,Switzerland and Spain and Wales
Worked well.
Steve.

rallyingden

posted on 14/7/11 at 05:10 PM Reply With Quote
I have a MyGuide sat nav with eu maps, I used it through France & Spain with no probs. Only downside is I dont think you can get maps for them now BUT I also have a version of TomTom that runs on it as its only a CE device after all. however I havn't tried the tom tom prog in Europe as I dont have the maps but UK works fine.

Best of all the are cheap

see My Guide 3100 UK & Western Europe Touch Screen Sat Nav | eBay

RD

Agriv8

posted on 14/7/11 at 05:28 PM Reply With Quote
run Tom Tom 7 on my HTC mobile ( windows OS rather than Andriod )

runs well and use speed camera DB from www.pocketgpsworld.com though not a problem when following Brother in law who is stick to 70 regardless. which is good as i belive that they were planning to outlaw speedcamera POI in france

anyway had no problems in france and italy switzerland

regards agriv8

Taller than your average Guy !
Management is like a tree of monkeys. - Those at the top look down and see a tree full of smiling faces. BUT Those at the bottom look up and see a tree full of a*seholes .............

belgian2b

posted on 14/7/11 at 06:27 PM Reply With Quote
hello,

be sure to take a LHD !!

Gerardo

spiderman01980

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Have a look here http://www.activegps.co.uk/navman-f20-maps-uk-western-europe-sd.htm
jase380

posted on 14/7/11 at 09:03 PM Reply With Quote
Have used a tom tom driving through france to andorra, it worked fine, have also used the girlfriends garmin nuvi in italy and austria, again it was fine, the only thing i have found is that garmin offer a lifetime maps update for 75 quid, where as tom tom want nearly 60 quid to update mine to the latest map plus 12 months of further updates, makes garmin seem good value.
eddie99

posted on 15/7/11 at 01:39 PM Reply With Quote
Any of the Tomtom's, i have driven through france/switzerland/italy/belgium/germany/holland etc.. and never had an issue. The only downside i think to the tom-tom is they keep offering upgrades/updates for cash that other makers don't.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.