Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wilwood Midilite woes
PeterV

posted on 17/8/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Wilwood Midilite woes

Super fast delivery of Wilwood midilite 4 piston brake set up complete kit with 285mm x 24mm discs, pads & brackets all looked good until it came to fitting them.

• The Callipers are imperial and the 10mm bolts are a real tight fit. Not even a thou of wiggle room.
  • Calliper mounting centres are 0.2mm wider that the bracket centres. Oh and both sides are perfect, perfectly wrong!
  • The callipers will not fit a 24mm thick disc.

OK hit the phone. Find out that the callipers are wrong for the disc coz the kit has been mixed up. Then we find out that on occasion the calliper mounting holes need to be drilled out coz they are sometimes to tight.

Excuse me but at £500+ you would hope that the damn things were finished. I can cope with a kit mix up coz we all make mistakes but having to take a drill to finish a product of this suposed value.

Me says NOOOOOO!!!!

But for service and support I can't fault Rally Design so far. New calipers pre-mounted to brackets on the way with full paid for return of bad ones. Well this is the plan anyway.

snakebelly

posted on 17/8/11 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
That's why I use rally design, if something goes wrong they put it right, Burton's on the other hand would probably have charged you to return them and that's if they could be arsed to answer the phone!
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 17/8/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
I had a fair bit of 'fettling' when installing the Powerlite (Cortina) kit on a Westfield (..and yes, it had Cortina uprights, etc..). I had an enormous amount of 'grief' fitting a Powerlite (Capri) kit on a R1oT... however, with a good few hours, a pint (or two) of real ale, the result was very good (even sober).

I'm different, I expect some grief.

One thing though, Rally Design have always been helpful, resolution of problems is something that concerns them.

HiSpec....

norfolkluego

posted on 17/8/11 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
I've just fitted the Wilwoods I bought from Carl on here, straight on, no fiddling, probably the simplest job I've ever done on the car
PeterV

posted on 17/8/11 at 10:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego
I've just fitted the Wilwoods I bought from Carl on here, straight on, no fiddling, probably the simplest job I've ever done on the car

No Fare!!

I was expecting it to be a snip of a job.

Shuks, just my luck!

norfolkluego

posted on 17/8/11 at 11:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PeterV
quote:
Originally posted by norfolkluego

No Fare!!

I was expecting it to be a snip of a job.

Shuks, just my luck!

Shop at LCB, you know you're dealing with good people who know their stuff (and we didn't get looted)

Norfolkluegojnr

posted on 18/8/11 at 07:49 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Shop at LCB, you know you're dealing with good people who know their stuff (and we didn't get looted)

Says the man who left his garage door open, with the lights on, on the worst week of looting we've ever had

We're you trying to tempt a Norwich riot?

norfolkluego

posted on 18/8/11 at 11:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
quote:

Says the man who left his garage door open, with the lights on, on the worst week of looting we've ever had

We're you trying to tempt a Norwich riot?

If London was anything to go by, leaving the door open was a good idea. Your stuff still gets knicked but they don't rip the door off it's hinges to get it.

PeterV

posted on 18/8/11 at 11:40 AM Reply With Quote
Errm ummm is it safe to mention the R word or will it be 4 years banged up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.