Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Part complete kit and IVA.
emwmarine

posted on 30/3/12 at 12:43 PM Reply With Quote
Part complete kit and IVA.

Righto, first post so be gentle.

I have bought a part complete Dax Rush. I built one from scratch a few years ago and this seemed a bit of a bargain.

However, I just read in a kit car magazine that it could be a problem proving it has been amateur built.

Now not a lot has been done, and I have undone some of it as I am not happy with it.

My question is how much do I have to undo and have photos of me building to satisfy the bureaucrats?

The previous owner has riveted and wurth the aluminium panels to the chassis and fitted the rear tub. He has done a few other things but I can easily strip those back and show photos of me fitting everything. Obviously there is lots still to do and I will be able to show a wad a receipts for things I need to buy, engine, gearbox etc etc.

I have the original Dax receipts and an invoice from him to me but I have no chance of getting photos from him.

Any thoughts?? Will I get to the end of probably a year build and have problems registering?

jossey

posted on 30/3/12 at 12:48 PM Reply With Quote
Pictures of that chassis would like same as a million others in the pics of people's on here.....
U get me

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
rb968

posted on 30/3/12 at 04:48 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my Indy at rolling chassis stage but no questions were asked. I included photos of the engine hanging on a crane in front of the chassis but the suspension was on when I got it. I think my earliest photo even had the loom draped across it. IVA'd mine last October without problems. Photos o f it in a single garage with you n a few of them is useful from here on I guess. No doubt the suspension will be on and off etc so plenty of scope to take photos.

Rich

Jaybeee

posted on 30/3/12 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Hi I got my RH IVA'ed last year and as I purchased my kit part built they wouldn't give me an age related plate so ended up with Q plate. Not sure if you are bothered by this or not just I would add my two penneth!
the constant builder

posted on 2/4/12 at 10:48 PM Reply With Quote
I bought my RH 2B nearly 5 years ago off ebay, as a part bodged, no receipt apart from ebay listing, I have just passed IVA but went to DVLA after first test and they went through what paperwork I had and after the person I was dealing with consulted the manager I was told I will get an age related plate, once I have my IVA cert.

Proof of the pudding willl be later this week when I go in again and see what they give me, I have the donor V5 sorned and in my name and pictures of the car stripped to the chassis.

I think it depends on the local office and what they are prepared to accept, once they close all the local offices I guess there will be less room for discretion and age plates will only be issued if all the critiria is met in full. If you are not there in person, you will not have an oportunity to show them a file bulging with reciepts and photos, which I think helped swing it in my case, even though they didn't look at very many of them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.