Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Few questions /opinions needed please Mk ZX12R
Doyleee

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Few questions /opinions needed please Mk ZX12R

Hi all been trolling through discussions and just wondered if i could get different peoples input,
I have a Mk with a ZX12R engine fitted had it for 2 years now only done about 4 track days love the car but need to do few mods as Ive tackled interior now want to do the basic conversions that seems to be the norm.

Firstly The car has 17" wheels with 215/45 17(i think that is the width as cars housed round mother-in-laws) so thinking of going for 195/50 15 team dynamics pro race 1.2 as i believe the car should handle better with bigger size side walls and wheels will have less unsprung weight agreed?

Secondly The car has standard sierra front calipers and drums on back going to go for wilwood powerlites from rally design for front as will work with 15" wheels going to be doing mainly track days and not a great deal of road so mintex 1144 pads? should i go for drilled and grooved discs or not much point? is Rear drums ok to keep on back?

Thirdly Whats the norm to use in terms of coolant any premix also car seems to get air locks when filling so got mate of mine to weld pipe coming out of thermostat housing so can bleed with extended pipe

Lastly (for now)Whats the easiest way to check what diff i have and whats the best one to have car currently tops out around 130 that was on old snetterton track on the back straight thats with the 17's

Many thanks in advance you good people

maccmike

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
use specific ally engine coolant with deionised water. run it upto temp without rad cap on to help bleed.
Doyleee

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:30 PM Reply With Quote
Ok didnt think of using de-ironised water whats the reason?
maccmike

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
wont eat the ally
Doyleee

posted on 14/5/13 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Oh ok well done thanks for that will do
Doyleee

posted on 15/5/13 at 06:41 PM Reply With Quote
Also anyone know where there the best deals for pro race 1.2 and Willwoods are?

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.