Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cleaning inside of windscreen, tips?
Slater

posted on 2/11/21 at 01:10 PM Reply With Quote
Cleaning inside of windscreen, tips?

Hello, I clean the inside of my tintop windscreen maybe once per year, it's always a ball (arm) ache, as you end up lying across the front seats, squinting into the sun whilst trying to rub a chamois on the inside of the screen for 2 mins. I then think it looks clean and am happy. But next time I drive into the sun, I realise I've just made a big smear......

So, any pro tips on how to do this?

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

indykid

posted on 2/11/21 at 01:35 PM Reply With Quote
Autoglym fast glass, spray it generously onto kitchen roll to put it on and clean the glass, a new piece of kitchen roll to wipe it off, more clean kitchen roll to polish it dry.

Seems to work pretty well. The biggest culprits for smears seem to be picking up crap from the edge of the screen and trim while doing the final polish or trying to polish out dirty cleaner if the screen is particularly grubby. If you get any smears the first time, a second round with a new bit of kitchen roll and a light spray usually clears them up.

I use fast glass on the insides of the house windows too. It's easier than messing about with domestic alternatives.

perksy

posted on 2/11/21 at 11:17 PM Reply With Quote
Another vote for Fast glass

I wont use anything else now...

Benzine

posted on 3/11/21 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
My windscreen is awful at the moment. When I leave home in the morning I have to go up a hill with the sun at the top, I can barely see a thing. Problem solved though, I go a different route
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
cliftyhanger

posted on 3/11/21 at 07:43 AM Reply With Quote
I use whatever glass cleaner is about, most seem to work. But a couple of goes, the second time i use a microfibre cloth, that seems to be excellent for not leaving smears.

But as OP mentions, it seems I need triple jointed arms to get into some of the corners by the dash! My old Triumphs are MUCH easier.

ianhurley20

posted on 3/11/21 at 09:13 AM Reply With Quote
With Fast Glass make sure there is not one drop of water present or you will be wasting your time - discovered whilst preparing cars for show professionally - otherwise its good stuff

Slater

posted on 4/11/21 at 08:32 AM Reply With Quote
ok thanks for the tips guys, I'll get some fast glass when I get back back from Nigeria. 1st trip down here for 20 months, feels very strange to get on a plane again.

Why do they call Port Harcourt "The Garden City"?...... Becauase they can't spell Stramash.

coyoteboy

posted on 9/11/21 at 05:05 PM Reply With Quote
Clean it more frequently - if you leave it a year between cleans it always gathers greasy contaminants and is a pain to clean...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.