Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: question for those who have fitted a flatshifter or trickshifter
Jason Fletcher

posted on 26/10/08 at 08:15 PM Reply With Quote
question for those who have fitted a flatshifter or trickshifter

I have heard people talk of ignition cut but I have some instructions that state the injectors are to be cut instead. Is this right?

Jason

[Edited on 26/10/08 by Jason Fletcher]

nitram38

posted on 26/10/08 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Taken from www.trickshifter.com

When the gear lever is operated in the upshift direction the shift rod sends a signal to the control unit when a pre-set amount of force has been applied to the gear lever. The control unit momentarily "kills" the engine by disconnecting the ignition coils, removing the torque from the gearbox and allowing the gears to move, giving a virtually instant gear shift. The control unit then re-connects the supply to the ignition coils allowing the engine to run again. The kill time is typically around 60ms but may be adjusted on the control unit. The control unit also has a 250ms lockout time immediately after the kill time to prevent multiple triggering caused by bumpy road surfaces or friction in the gear linkage. Shifts can be made smoothly and quickly at part or full throttle.

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 27/10/08 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
On my GSXR's, there's the handy single +12V feed to the coils, this is what I cut momentarily.
gingerprince

posted on 27/10/08 at 01:50 PM Reply With Quote
I cut the ignition on mine. Quite entertaining though, I think my carbs must run rich on part-throttle. If I'm tootling about on part throttle and then change up there's sometimes an almighty bang from the exhaust So from that perspective it might be better to cut injectors if you have that option.

[Edited on 27/10/08 by gingerprince]

Jason Fletcher

posted on 27/10/08 at 08:37 PM Reply With Quote
well it turns out I can't cut the injectors because the power commander also uses the live from the injectors so it would cut that too.

I have fitted it to the coils but the up changes are not smooth. It's still clonking and I was expecting seemless upchages. Or am I expecting too much?

Jason Fletcher

posted on 28/10/08 at 03:49 AM Reply With Quote
chris
Although I have not set it up on a rlling road I have spent hours doing so on a real road. and I know mine will certainly be really lean without the PC and I have no Lambda fitting on the exhaust currently either.

Cheers

Jason

barney

posted on 29/10/08 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
i use a trickshifter that cuts the common to the coils,seamless changes..

the only thing we have found is that if the rear wheels are spinning you need to do a "lift" change...

hth
barney

Triggerhappy

posted on 29/10/08 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
You can fit Quick shift directly to the PC3USB.
See their www.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.