Board logo

Elise crash Cadwell
PAUL FISHER - 27/1/09 at 03:41 PM

I did a very wet Cadwell park trackday on Sunday,this Lotus Elise shows you what not to do on a wet Cadwell park

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lCQYm0MDpxo

AR-CoolC - 27/1/09 at 03:46 PM

Ouch!

I was there on Saturday for the marshals track day. It was chuffing freezing (it took until 11:00ish to get the circuit de-iced and open) but also dry.

Do you know how much damage was sustained by the Elise?

omega0684 - 27/1/09 at 04:04 PM

i was expecting an "UNGA BUNGA" after all the grunting from the driver!

Miks15 - 27/1/09 at 04:18 PM

did that ever actually hit the wall? Looked like it was very close and missed the wall... just,

altho there was a noise when ti got close the first time was this it hitting it or was it just the bouncing a bit?

MK9R - 27/1/09 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
did that ever actually hit the wall? Looked like it was very close and missed the wall... just,

altho there was a noise when ti got close the first time was this it hitting it or was it just the bouncing a bit?

Yes it did, seen the guy post on SELOC, it made a bit of a mess of the car!!!

Meeerrrk - 27/1/09 at 05:57 PM

what a shame, he wasnt going mad either. anyone got any pics?

Wadders - 27/1/09 at 07:08 PM

He seems to lift of the gas a bit sharpish for some reason, causing the arse end to come round, maybe felt a bit of slide and panicked?
Al.

Mark G - 27/1/09 at 07:16 PM

Looked like a bit of a passenger, Sometimes on a wet day its best just to loose your money and not go out rather than risk smashing up your pride and joy.

He sounded pretty angry at himself.

mookaloid - 27/1/09 at 07:26 PM

I think he must have hit oil or something.

He had lifted off but he was going in a straight line and I would think even on a wet track it shouldn't have done that.

If he was braking then he might have too much rear brake bias, but I'm not sure that was the problem

He either ran out of luck or talent!

Meeerrrk - 27/1/09 at 08:38 PM

yeah but if he had 888s on or similar, aquaplaning on standing water would do that

Meeerrrk - 27/1/09 at 08:38 PM

yeah but if he had 888s on or similar, aquaplaning on standing water would do that

procomp - 29/1/09 at 08:05 AM

Hi

As he came of the throttle the back end goes light with the weight transfer and the rear just aquaplanes. Certainly not the first driver of an Elise to have a moment at Cadwell in the wet. Although the acidents are usually entering the Hall bends or over the mountain,.

Cheers Matt

Meeerrrk - 29/1/09 at 09:10 PM

its a risk we take when tracking our cars

Steve PH - 1/2/09 at 09:48 PM

Like Chris said, it was probably just bad luck. I've seen a vid of a car spinning off about half way down that straight, still on the power and stable line but aquaplanned and went off into the rh barrier