Board logo

Southern Big Brekkie Run 11th October
greenwood03 - 14/9/09 at 04:00 PM

Following the Bentley Run something similar.......
Various start points running to 1 Cafe for a bit of Sunday Brekkie and a catch up with fellow owners - the venue will be in the Cowfold area nr the A272.
Definite start points:
Newlands Corner and Wrotham / 7oaks.

Ideally if we get the right response will look to do 2 more starts in the following areas: Lewes + Oxted ( anyone that is in either of those areas and is happy to lead a run, pls let me know)

Aiming to get the runners to the Cafe for 10.00, so will leave 7oaks 9.0 and Newlands 9.15. The routes / directions will be available on arrival at the start points.

I'd be grateful if anyone interested could PM me their email ID as well as a show of hands ( easier to confirm details etc as we get nearer ). Obviosuly at this time of year weather dependant, but that doesnt stop anyone popping it in the diary!!
thx mark g

spdpug98 - 14/9/09 at 04:26 PM

I could be up for this dependant on the weather, a good run along the A272

I will drop you my email on u2u

Humbug - 14/9/09 at 04:37 PM

Put me down as a likely (weather-dependent).

btw, what cafe are we talking about? Is it called "1 Cafe"? - I googled that and couldn't find anything. A few of us Newlanders went to the Chalet Cafe in Cowfold a couple of months ago.

You've got my email addy

Simon

greenwood03 - 14/9/09 at 04:47 PM

yes its the Chalet......

bassett - 14/9/09 at 05:13 PM

Hi Mark you have my details and i should be able to make that at sevenoaks

nitram38 - 14/9/09 at 05:22 PM

Already said a preliminary yes to Mark's email
Subject to work/weather raising it's ugly head!

nicksuper6 - 14/9/09 at 06:37 PM

Yes from me.Newlands start point

GeorgeM - 14/9/09 at 07:52 PM

If weather is ok should be up for this. Dare say
Steve will too. Will confirm nearer the time.

GeorgeM

Chippy - 14/9/09 at 10:19 PM

Pencil me in Mark, although if I come it will again be direct, too far from any meeting places, :-) Cheers Ray

GeoffT - 15/9/09 at 08:32 PM

I should be ok for that, leaving from Newlands. Not sure if I'll make the 9.15 convoy, but I'll catch with you all at the Chalet cafe....

greenwood03 - 20/9/09 at 09:27 PM

quick update. Still waiting on the westies, caterhams and Cobs to confirm numbers, even so looking like we'll have about 20 cars running from wrotham/sevenoaks + newlands corner. So, anyone that hasnt checked their diary - get cracking!

greenwood03 - 5/10/09 at 02:06 PM

cheeky reminder - have emailed ( i hope ) all of you that have shown interest so far - and will confirm timing direct by email later this week - when we'll have a better idea about the weather!
so far numbers are encoraging - about 30 potentials.....
4 c onfirmed start points:
7oaks, caterham/oxted, newlands corner and uckfield...if you are interested and want more details pls just ask.....

spdpug98 - 6/10/09 at 07:34 PM

Mark, i've not had any emials from you, there should be 2 of us from the Southampton area heading up subject to weather

bassett - 8/10/09 at 10:05 PM

You'll be glad to hear the MNR is now fitted with a proper tank vent so will no longer be leaving a fine mist for other cars in the convoy
If you didnt know i think steve? in the yellow mnr found this an issue at the last drive to lewes

[Edited on 8/10/09 by bassett]

ibakes - 9/10/09 at 07:31 AM

May meet you all there if that is ok as the cafe is just down... well up the road from me

nitram38 - 11/10/09 at 06:22 AM

7.20am here (mitcham) cloudy. Conflicting weather forecasts. Half say rain, half don't! Don't know what to do!

nitram38 - 11/10/09 at 08:00 AM

Sorry chaps, it started spitting, but got as far as ewell before it started to rain heavy. First drive out with the wife on board, so had to turn back

theconrodkid - 11/10/09 at 08:01 AM

lashing down here...back to bed for me

nitram38 - 11/10/09 at 08:48 AM

I need a car with a roof!

Surrey Dave - 11/10/09 at 12:54 PM

Humbug - 11/10/09 at 01:42 PM

You big girls! It was spitting a bit here in Sevenoaks just before I left, but soon dried up and by the time the Sevenoaks convoy got to Cowfold at about 10 it was dry. Missed the usual Newlands crowd expect for a couple like me who come from different directions. It was a good turnout of different cars - about 30 or so in total - and the Chalet brunch (bacon, eggs, sausages, beans, toast and tea) was excellent yum yum!

greenwood03 - 11/10/09 at 03:05 PM

actually given that it was cloudy with a bit of drizzle 1st thing am really surprised at the turnout - it was actually 50 cars in total: cobs, locosters, caterinvans, tigers, marlin, minari, westies.....and a decent buttie! simon if you took any decent snaps any chance that you can drop me a few via email......