Board logo

total weight and corner weights
siert - 24/9/03 at 08:38 PM

For anyone who's interested and fed up reading the "troubles at" thread have a look at my homepage for the total and corner weights for a indy racer fitted with a zetec.
http://home-1.worldonline.nl/~svos/

David Jenkins - 25/9/03 at 07:27 AM

That really does look tidy - well done!

David

Spyderman - 25/9/03 at 03:02 PM

Erm, just one thing!

How do you steer the damn thing?

It's not fly-by-wire is it?

Very nice tho'.

GO - 29/9/03 at 11:45 AM

Siert,

Where you've removed the small bar from the top of the tranny tunnel to allow for the gearstick - do you think that will have much affect?? I think I'm going to need to do the same but having a powder coated chassis and not able to weld I'm not easily going to be able to move/replace it.

Any thoughts?

Cheers.

bob - 29/9/03 at 07:00 PM

Have a look in my archive,i've fitted the gearsick extension and moved the bar/support.

chipping off the powdercoat was not so bad,if you cant weld get someone to do it for you. I got a fellow builder to help and all it cast me was T & biscuits

theconrodkid - 29/9/03 at 07:12 PM

bill,s in the post bob

bob - 29/9/03 at 09:28 PM

Hell more T & bickies

siert - 5/10/03 at 10:53 AM

just one thing...i welded it back about 2 inches towards the engine bay...so i guess the overal strength hasn't been altered too much! I wouldn't leave it out altogether ...thats too risky!!
As i moved back the engine i could do without the gearbox extension. I prefer this as ive had 2 extensions on my westfield and they both rattle annoyingly.