Board logo

Nuts 'n' bolts?
donut - 20/9/02 at 04:57 PM

When you purchase stuff from MK do you get the relevant nuts and bolts or do you have to get these yourself?

Where can you get a bucket of nuts & bolts (nylock type)?

Cheers

Andy

interestedparty - 20/9/02 at 05:08 PM

Yellow pages, 'bolt and nut stockists', go there, get acquainted, you'll be making several visits to them

John

speedthing - 20/9/02 at 06:24 PM

you do get a box of nuts bolts and washers
to get you started on things like fitting
the wishbones etc

theconrodkid - 21/9/02 at 08:57 AM

Try screwfix,they only do popular sizes but are cheap and very efficent,they have a website here somewhere,beware of most nut n bolt supliers they rip you off

RoadkillUK - 21/9/02 at 06:12 PM

I'll second that, I get charged differently everytime I go to my local suppliers (Bradford Bolt and Nut), I also think they charge less if you go in and ask for what you want rather than take a bolt in and ask for 10 of those but 1" shorter

interestedparty - 21/9/02 at 07:27 PM

At my local Bolt and Nut (in Swindon) I try to make sure I get as much as I can in one visit, I ask for what I need by name e.g. 10 M10 nylocs or whatever, I buy more than I think I need and always use the extra eventually, and I've been in there enough so they know I'm going to pay cash and not need a receipt (it's so often the paperwork these guys hate). Well cheap. Better than Screwfix and I get exactly what I want rather than close.

John

bsilly - 21/9/02 at 10:03 PM

www.screwfixdirect.co.uk evrthing you need. even next day delivery, but if yor not in when they deliver yer neighbor might keep em for a few days.

interestedparty - 22/9/02 at 06:43 AM

quote:
www.screwfixdirect.co.uk evrthing you need. even next day delivery, but if yor not in when they deliver yer neighbor might keep em for a few days.

Screwfix are fine if you only need metric stuff. Decent bolt and nut stockist will keep much wider range of lengths and UNF/UNC stuff as well, plus of course a wide range of pop rivets etc

theconrodkid - 22/9/02 at 07:14 AM

the majoroty of the nuts,bolts,screws and washers you need to do your car you can get from screwfix,the odd sized ones you will have to get elsewhere,for price and service i dont think screwfix can be beaten.
a very satisfied customer