Board logo

Indy with Blackbird motor
IWantOne - 28/12/05 at 09:57 AM

Happy Christams and new year to you all...i have an MK with the blackbird motor...and to say its a PIG to start from cold would be an understatment!!!! I know MK have one with the same motor. any one know what i can do to fix the problem??

thanks in advance.

zxrlocost - 28/12/05 at 10:03 AM

happy christmas

service it and get it set up on a rolling session

something might be playing up electronically

Jon Ison - 28/12/05 at 10:17 AM

injection ? carbs ?

Genesis - 28/12/05 at 10:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by IWantOne
Happy Christams and new year to you all...i have an MK with the blackbird motor...and to say its a PIG to start from cold would be an understatment!!!! I know MK have one with the same motor. any one know what i can do to fix the problem??

thanks in advance.

MK have one with the same motor - they have had three in in - all blown up (not a fault of the engine though! ) As stated, setup correctly and if it's on carb's a choke! HNY!

carnut - 28/12/05 at 11:35 AM

Ive got a blackbird injection in my indy and it starts every time.

If you havnt got a dry sump, I would recomend that you get one or you will learn the hard way. (ie a knocked out big end on no. 2 or 3, i cant remember which is the weak one.

Carnut

IWantOne - 28/12/05 at 11:43 AM

its a carb motor...im not going to track day it but i think a dry sump could be the next purchase. i have given it a service including new plugs (think they are diamond coated!!!!). she runs fine when warm and starts no problem. its just when i have left it for a few days.

IWantOne - 28/12/05 at 11:57 AM

ok...now im feeling real stupid....no comments from the back please!! who said CHOKE?..on closer inspection...ITS MISSING. anyone got a Choke Linkage bar for a Honda Blackbird Motor!!!. could help a little with the cold start problems!!

sorry guys

TimC - 28/12/05 at 12:53 PM

Should start 1st time(ish) with full choke - bike engines 'like a bit of choke' (as some bloke once told me.)