Board logo

New member, new BEC project
deanspoors - 19/5/13 at 11:49 AM

Hi guys,

Would just like to introduce myself, I'm Dean from the North East of England, I currently own an Evo IX FQ-360 and I've just bought myself a part built Westfield Megabusa, hoping to complete it within the next couple of months and then use it as a road/track/hillclimb car. I've got a few things to buy still and I'm hoping for some experienced input from yourselves on the things I still have to buy.. So here it goes;

I want some good quality seats that wont break the bank, I would prefer carbon... any recommendations?

I'm also after a digital dash, rather than the VDO type gauges, again recommendations?

Should I buy a wideband AFR for monitoring for a so far standard Hayabusa engine?

Where can I get some nice looking IVA complaint wing mirrors and rear mirror from?

Oh and why isn't there a Westfield part of the forum? I hope I haven't wandered into dangerous territory have I?

Cheers guys,

Dean

daniel mason - 19/5/13 at 12:12 PM

JK composite seats are decent. tillets even nicer in carbon but very dear!
stack dashes are really good as are race technology dash 2
westfields are generally not 'locost' but most of the ones ive seen are of a very good quality.id say better than nearly all except caterham.
gsxr 1000 mirrors are iva friendly and can be roll cage mounted if you have one!
IVA is expensive and a ball ache and id imagine by the time its iva's mapped,registered,taxed,insured,geometry setup,seats,mirrors etc you will be another £2 grand + worse off!

deanspoors - 19/5/13 at 12:32 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the JK seats, they look good. Do you know if they do them in full carbon?
I think the dash will have to be a Race Technology one, I'll keep an eye out for a second hand one if they're not too rare!
I got the car for a good price I think so another 2k will not upset me too much... not once I'm driving it anyways I hope

bi22le - 19/5/13 at 12:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by daniel mason
JK composite seats are decent. tillets even nicer in carbon but very dear!
stack dashes are really good as are race technology dash 2
westfields are generally not 'locost' but most of the ones ive seen are of a very good quality.id say better than nearly all except caterham.
gsxr 1000 mirrors are iva friendly and can be roll cage mounted if you have one!
IVA is expensive and a ball ache and id imagine by the time its iva's mapped,registered,taxed,insured,geometry setup,seats,mirrors etc you will be another £2 grand + worse off!

All good and accurate advice. The only thing I would add is not to bother with the afr. Just get a power commander and good rolling road.

Also +1 on digidash 2. Very nice peice of kit but there are others like stock busy dash, kosi.

Welcome along. Westfields are nice chassis,.

daniel mason - 19/5/13 at 12:39 PM

have you got the dry sump kit too?

daniel mason - 19/5/13 at 12:39 PM

have you got the dry sump kit too?

deanspoors - 19/5/13 at 01:02 PM

The car comes with a swinging arm wet sump, can't remember off the top of my head which company it's from, but it's brand new. What advantages would I get having a power commander?

daniel mason - 19/5/13 at 01:24 PM

does the pickup swing through 360 degrees? i would not risk that sticking and go for a d/s setup but that will be over £1k from sbd!
power commanders can adjust fuelling etc like a piggyback to standard ecu to maximise performance and safety

Custardpants - 19/5/13 at 07:01 PM

I had a swinging pickup but then switched to an SBD dry Sump. I certainly don't regret it as the oil pressure is far better with it too. Expensive but I recommend it if you are going to drive the car 'properly'.

Benzo - 19/5/13 at 09:15 PM

I have a Brand new full carbon Tillet if you are wanting one -

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=180833

deanspoors - 20/5/13 at 04:32 AM

Hi Benzo,

Just a little bit on the expensive side for me unfortunately, £300 maybe

I think I'm just going to stick with the wet sump for the time being, once I'm all IVA'd and want a few more BHP, I'll look at getting an already modified engine.

Benzo - 20/5/13 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by deanspoors
Hi Benzo,

Just a little bit on the expensive side for me unfortunately, £300 maybe

I think I'm just going to stick with the wet sump for the time being, once I'm all IVA'd and want a few more BHP, I'll look at getting an already modified engine.

You'll not get full carbon for cheaper.

tango man - 20/5/13 at 07:51 AM

dont forget to start and build a documented history on car , i bought a part built car and when i applied for iva i got nocked down on a few things , photos of build looked like professional premises, and more than my name on invoices , vosa rung me up and told me that i could not apply for iva as the person who started build has to finish and iva it. got it sorted in the end but was a real ball ache

T66 - 20/5/13 at 08:54 AM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=181781

get it bought

deanspoors - 20/5/13 at 09:04 AM

Hi T66,

what is that link? it takes me to the contribute screen!

johnny chimpo - 20/5/13 at 09:46 AM

Because your not a paid up member you wont be able to view topics less than 48hours old i think. Its a link to a digidash for sale on here for £250. Get paid up..... ;-)

deanspoors - 20/5/13 at 09:49 AM

ahhhh, it has no sensors. I think I'll hold out for a Race Technology Dash!

[Edited on 20/5/13 by deanspoors]