Board logo

Sierra driveshafts - part number?
StevieB - 20/5/07 at 07:07 PM

Hi all,

Does anyone know what the part number is for the sierra bolt on type driveshafts? I bought my donor parts as a bundle from MK, so have no idea what model they came from.

Cheers

Steve

aerobrick - 20/5/07 at 08:11 PM

all sierra drive shafts bolt on spec are the same bar cossie versions
The bolt on spec are used with rear disc set ups.
They are handed for shaft length but forgotten which is which though

If its the bolts and lock washers you are after go to frauds and ask for model spec 1991 20l dohc ghia with discs fitted if they ask about abs it dosnt matter.

The bolts lock washers and cv boots are all interchangable with later disc model types.

StevieB - 20/5/07 at 08:16 PM

I'm just going to get some new driveshafts and save myself a whole load of hassle - I guess it'll be the bigger engined variants, and if I get the non-ABS spec, they should be just what I need.

Cheers for the help

aerobrick - 20/5/07 at 08:31 PM

The thing is they are all the same spec on the shafts bar cossie ones and buying new will cost £££ss.

I have two sets here one from a standard 2wd and another from a very late 4x4 version fitted with abs etc they are identical. also these shafts are used on the 2.0L 2wd & 4x4 2.9 4x4 both saloons and estates. these things can take some abuse.

Whats your problem with your donor shafts cos they are easy to refurb.

As for power output it isnt the bhp you have to worry about its how much torque and being in a lighter vehicle there is less stress some of my colleagues in the sierra club have turbo ed dohcs putting out close to 180 bhp with non modded shafts.

If you want further info some else maybe along on here or check out and ask fo info at www.fordsierraclub.co.uk .

Aero

StevieB - 20/5/07 at 08:58 PM

Nothing wrong with my donor shafts - but they do need new CV joints. At £35 each x 4, it's easily worth the £75 exchange for remanufactured items from car parts direct, which will save me a whole load of time for the extra fiver