Board logo

Tool Chest
MonkeyBoyJnr - 19/1/11 at 08:23 PM

I've been offered for sale a tool chest by a mate of mine, but I've not heard of the manufacturer ( JFS ). From what I can see it looks to be of good quality and in good condition. He's asking £500 for it so wondered if anyone had any views/opinions on the make etc. Will try and upload some pics as soon as I get them.
Cheers, Jason :-)

[Edited on 19/1/11 by MonkeyBoyJnr]

Steve Hignett - 19/1/11 at 08:31 PM

I bought a very nice 2nd hand Snap-On Roll & Top Cab a few years ago for £500 (might have been £550 now that I think about it!).

The JFS could be a fantastic box for all I know, but I'd rather go with something that I knew the value of, and if I ever needed too, I could re-sell it on ebay...

[Edited on 19/1/11 by Steve Hignett]

franky - 19/1/11 at 08:44 PM

you could have my huge mac tools one for not much more. JFS is a budget box.

SPYDER - 19/1/11 at 08:47 PM

Take a look at.....
Halfords Industrial roll cab with FREE top box £389.
These are the black ones. Roller bearing drawers.
I can vouch for the quality.

Geoff

big_wasa - 19/1/11 at 09:01 PM

If you get a snap-on or mac you wont loose money if you pic well.

hillbillyracer - 19/1/11 at 09:57 PM

Really need more info on size & spec to make much judgement, but for £500 second hand you should be getting something very nice.
I bought a Snap-On box for £150 similar to this: SNAP ON 9 DRAWER TOOL CHEST BOX SNAPON on eBay (end time 24-Jan-11 19:55:15 GMT)
It was about 6 months old & had fallen out the back of a van. Actually it really had, all scuffed along the top edge & a bad dent in one corner but all worked fine & otherwise mint, the lad just could'nt stand to have a damaged box. The corner knocked back out fine & the scuffs just aint seen after 3 years of workshop use.

I got a large top box & roll-cab from AB Tools which was unbranded but very well made about (very heavy, roller drawer slides etc) 4 years ago, it was £4-500. The only problem is the top box is too big & heavy & I need it to be mobile, hence the purchase of the Snap-On box, that's about as big as I found practical to lift in & out of vans etc.

chris mason - 19/1/11 at 10:03 PM

i'm sure the large jfs top box and roll cab are only about £600 on ebay new, 2nd hand i'd be looking to pay about £250 max

RazMan - 19/1/11 at 10:48 PM

eBay Item

or even eBay Item