Board logo

Wanted
ed1max - 18/12/13 at 09:52 PM

Just sold my Narrow body Westfield.
I am looking to replace it.Is there a kitcar that is as narrow as the Westfield but with more generous seat space as SWMBO doesnt fit anymore.
Gratefull for any help,apart from the obvious ....divorce!

coozer - 18/12/13 at 11:22 PM

EH? Why did you sell it if you want a one the same!

ed1max - 18/12/13 at 11:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
EH? Why did you sell it if you want a one the same!

Read my post I want one with the same wheebase but wider seats if possible which is not the same
l

Nickp - 19/12/13 at 05:39 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ed1max
Just sold my Narrow body Westfield.
I am looking to replace it.Is there a kitcar that is as narrow as the Westfield but with more generous seat space as SWMBO doesnt fit anymore.
Gratefull for any help,apart from the obvious ....divorce!

Best not to mention either of the D words, divorce or diet
Surely the only real option is a slightly wider chassis? ie a wide bodied (SEW, SEiW) Westfield, Haynes etc etc I'm sure there are many other more generous chassis that people can suggest. Probably best for you (and her) to sit in a few at the next show maybe?

BTW- I'm 16st/6ft+ and can drive a narrow Westy but wouldn't want to go 'touring' in one, it's a tad snug for proper sized folk!!

[Edited on 19/12/13 by Nickp]

snapper - 19/12/13 at 06:50 AM

McSorely does plans where you can choose width and lengths
You could keep length/wheel base but increase width

ed1max - 19/12/13 at 10:00 AM

Thanks for the advice boys

ashg - 19/12/13 at 12:11 PM

leave her at home

baz-R - 20/12/13 at 10:29 PM

even better get a single seater

austin man - 21/12/13 at 12:53 AM

seems contradictory in terms the same wheel base but wider seats, the body width generally defines the wheel base for example the MScorley is wider than an MK which is wider than a Caterham. most kits that use the Sierra running gear and drivetrain should be wider you also need to consider the seats being used. A fibreglass seat gives less room than a seat squab