Board logo

Steering Wheel Boss
DarrenW - 6/12/05 at 02:32 PM

As title, im after a collapsible steering wheel boss. Column is 1992 Sierra. Steering wheel is snap-off kit. Ive been told the Momo type are good. £35 from Halfords but none in stock, will take 3 weeks. Anyone got one spare?

serendipity123 - 6/12/05 at 03:21 PM

why not have a ring around all the halfords in the the uk i'm sure one of us would get it for you, personaly i can do boston a spalding stores.

DarrenW - 6/12/05 at 03:26 PM

I was told that it is no longer a stock item and the central warehouses are not listing any. They need to come frm Momo, hence 3 weeks delivery.

I cant believe i cant find another type locally. Ive rang a few places. Are the Mountney ones collapsible?

Iam impatient and was trying to find one quickly local - also reqd for SVA retest idea i have... Looks like it will have to be mail order and plan B for retest.

jonbeedle - 6/12/05 at 03:33 PM

I have a brand new Raid collapsable boss on Ebay if that's any good.
Cheers
Jon

jonbeedle - 6/12/05 at 03:38 PM

Here,
http://cgi. ebay.co.uk/Raid-collapsable-steering-wheel-boss-suit-locost-kitcar_W0QQitemZ8020341416QQcategoryZ40195QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

DarrenW - 6/12/05 at 03:42 PM

Just sent you U2U.

DaveFJ - 6/12/05 at 05:13 PM

Out of interest why do you need it ? if your column is from a 92 sierra then it is collapsible instead.......

I got a non collapsible one from eurospares quite cheap but not a very good casting

DarrenW - 6/12/05 at 05:44 PM

Interesting problem Dave.
One of my SVA fail points was steering wheel being too high. Combination of Mac1's being higher anyway, huge 15" sierra wheel and adjustable column that was set too high.

Tester said that to be safe with settings as they were i needed a 10" wheel. Alternatlvely 2.5" drop with std sierra wheel. Ive manage to get just over 1.5" drop already. I have an aftermarket 13" wheel but was told by tester that only way he would accept that is if it has correct rads and collapsible Boss...... hence me buying Jons boss.

Iam quite unique in that not many people fail the stg wheel height test! I didnt see that one coming.

wookie - 6/12/05 at 07:32 PM

I vae a new boss for sale if your interested for a sierra, £10 plus postage?

Cheers

Mix - 7/12/05 at 07:46 AM

Wookie you have U2U

Mick