Board logo

Screen or Aero Screen
kj - 14/9/09 at 01:47 PM

Screen or aeroscreen?

nib1980 - 14/9/09 at 01:49 PM

plain or aeroplane

Charlie_Zetec - 14/9/09 at 01:53 PM

Another option for you; single aeroscreen or split?!?

Just to make your choices a bit harder to make....

zoom - 14/9/09 at 01:58 PM

For me its an aero screen

or
Daddy or chips??????

graememk - 14/9/09 at 02:10 PM

tried both, i have a screen.

David Jenkins - 14/9/09 at 02:39 PM

I've had a pair of 'brooklands' type aeroscreens for the past 4 years - I'm about to change them for a full screen. I got bored with having to get kitted up with helmet etc. every time I wanted a quick drive-around.

Yes - it's a bit of an air-brake, but not that much of an issue at road speeds.

I'll probably fit some form of removable roof/soft-top at some time, which you can't do with an aeroscreen.

whitestu - 14/9/09 at 02:45 PM

I've had both and prefer a full screen, particularly if you drive without a lid [or take passengers without one.

The aero screen I had [Mac1] didn't make any difference.

Stu

flak monkey - 14/9/09 at 02:50 PM

Aeroscreen for me, think they look better TBH.

Bike helmets arent that bad and you soon get used to it.

If you fit a screen you'll definately want side screens or deflectors as well, as the wind whipping around the side is just as bad as straight in the face.

kj - 14/9/09 at 03:24 PM

Well i think i will put the screen on over the winter and as David Jenkins is doing will fit some form of cover roof.

I like the look with the aero screen and have an helmet but dont want that all time.

[Edited on 14/9/09 by kj]

neilj37 - 14/9/09 at 05:33 PM

If you fit a full screen you should also think about fitting windscreen wipers, which means adding extra weight for motors etc.

I personally prefer an aeroscreen.

ditchlewis - 14/9/09 at 09:06 PM

As david J.

I've gone screen, but will admit that you will require some sort of side screen as the wind really does get up your nose litererally. I uses a Buff and sun glasses, i look like a bank robber

the wind brake bit is only really noticed on "private roads" when the speed is above 85 to 90.

ditch

[Edited on 14/9/09 by ditchlewis]

tcr - 15/9/09 at 05:35 PM

i prefer sevens without a full screen but you do need a helmet for long runs