Board logo

MNR owners club?
Daft Lad Picko - 20/10/06 at 11:13 AM

Given the population of MNRers is growing, what's the possibility of starting up an owners club? I would gladly put myself forward as club treasurer. After all my qualified accountant status has to do me some good somewhere, cos it's bugger all use at work! Any offers for chairman, Iain?

smart51 - 20/10/06 at 11:24 AM

I'd happily join an MNR owners club but does it have to be that formal? Why not just run it a s a branch of locostbuilders?

Winston Todge - 20/10/06 at 12:01 PM

I was wondering when someone would start an owners club thread!

I think it'd be a great idea, maybe with the possibility of club shirts and hats and the like for a small fee...?

It may even make a small difference to insurance premiums?

More ideas people?

Chris.

alanr - 20/10/06 at 12:54 PM

Yes - I would definitely go with the idea of a MNR club - I've already got the T shirt - got it made via a German T shirt company, down loaded the logo and had it printed on a yellow same colour as the car) - looks the b......ks

It would be excellent to get a load of MNR's together - I'm in Thrapston, Northants, anybody near me

A

Robert Ryan - 20/10/06 at 04:28 PM

We are both up for it . (The Dangerous Brothers) from Hartlepool. Rescued attachment ID PIC.JPG
Rescued attachment ID PIC.JPG

marc laptop - 20/10/06 at 07:46 PM

should have plenty of web space available from monday onwards to have an extra bit to the existing mnr site might just need a bit of help form rog b for adding an extra button

Agriv8 - 21/10/06 at 06:11 PM

I am a member of the DAX owners Club I have some Idea of a Charter Ect and I suppose my connections with Marc could be good.

My feeling would be to keep things quite open ( and Freindly ) I can do the Club secraty I suppose. have I a bit of computer knowlege so doing news leters web site ect not a problem as MNR have quite a few customers which arn't on Locostbuilders Give me a week to come up with somthing run it buy Marc and Chris and we can take it from there.

regards

Agriv8

chockymonster - 22/10/06 at 09:44 AM

I'll happily offer my services to knock up a website/forum

coozer - 23/10/06 at 05:20 PM

Is this so we can have MNR trackdays and hillclimbing events??

Sounds good to me

Steve

JoaoCaldeira - 23/10/06 at 11:13 PM

I could take care of the overseas branch

Joao

marc n - 25/10/06 at 07:16 AM

quote:

I could take care of the overseas branch

i also think its very important for me to visit personally the overseas branch

G.Man - 25/10/06 at 07:39 AM

In that case I'll take the middle east branch

marc n - 26/10/06 at 07:31 AM

quote:

In that case I'll take the middle east branch

in some countries drinking is illegal

G.Man - 26/10/06 at 09:19 AM

yeah well f*ck saudi arabia..

marc laptop - 26/10/06 at 07:53 PM

ok things are progressing well, spoke to an old mate today who has now got licenses and correct insurance to run trackdays at most circuits and would like to help organise something for us, im speaking to him on monday to discuss costs etc

also have a few mags lined up to do some features on your cars at the trackday as a mini feature

will keep you all posted

bitsilly - 21/11/06 at 07:22 PM

Is there any nesws on this?
HIC insurance have added MNR to their free (with normal policy) track day insurance list but I have not yet seen the small print, ie the track day may have to be recognised by a club to qualify for cover. Having an MNR club may help with this?? ie please let's get a club together and 'recognise' when we head off to any track! Don't know how this affects anyone else but I live 5 miles from Llandow. And would love to have you all visit
After a few cans all that makes perfect sense to me!

TimC - 21/11/06 at 08:10 PM

5 miles? You must know a good shortcut.

Come down!!! I'll arrange a track day at Llandow if that suits....?

bitsilly - 22/11/06 at 03:52 PM

OK, poetic licence!
Can't wait to get over there but still don't have the car yet! Going up to collect in 9 days 10 hours and 55 minutes.

TimC - 22/11/06 at 04:31 PM

Lol. Look forward to seeing the cage and having a chat about it all.

bitsilly - 23/11/06 at 04:54 PM

ditto. Regarding the club, I've just got an interesting quote from Norton insurance for Jon and I for road and track. For organised track days for any cars you pay an extra £62 and 2K excess, but for MNR club days its free insurance and 1K excess and we would not need exclusive use of a track, all for about £270 each a year
And the club just has to exist, ie not have to be audited/accredited etc.

Winston Todge - 23/11/06 at 05:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bitsilly
ditto. Regarding the club, I've just got an interesting quote from Norton insurance for Jon and I for road and track. For organised track days for any cars you pay an extra £62 and 2K excess, but for MNR club days its free insurance and 1K excess and we would not need exclusive use of a track, all for about £270 each a year
And the club just has to exist, ie not have to be audited/accredited etc.

Is that £270 fully comp for the year with an R1? Or just track day cover?

Good effort on the investigations!

Chris.

bitsilly - 23/11/06 at 07:12 PM

That is £270 as half of £540 for the two of us, one as a named driver. I don't know how much for one owner.
HIC have also confirmed a named driver will have same cover for track days.
The £270/£540 includes normal road and track events organised by any car club of which you are a member, days organised by cosher track organisations are an extra £62 per day extra.
HIC charge nothing extra for any day but haven't read small print yet!

bitsilly - 23/11/06 at 07:14 PM

Sorry, fully comp with R1 on a classic policy so you don't need to use your no claims.

marc n - 24/11/06 at 08:51 AM

right next week the web is undergoing some big updates, i will try and add an owners section to it, what sort of things should be in there ????

cheers

marc

Agriv8 - 24/11/06 at 09:31 PM

Marc and eveyone esle after finally bottoming the engine upgrade on my car I have sent some stuff to cris and marc to peruse about club charter ect.

News to follow shortly hopefully marc will be able to place the joining documets on the web.

I suppose i have elected myself as club secretary what else do we need to make an official club tresurer ?

regards

Agriv8

[Edited on 24/11/06 by Agriv8]

chockymonster - 25/11/06 at 12:12 AM

I will ask someone I know who's pretty good with figures if she can spare some time (it might distract her long enough to get my hand on the purse strings )

marc n - 25/11/06 at 09:21 AM

do we need to have accounts etc, i can donate my time for free web space etc, dont like the idea of people having to pay to jhoin something maybe im just a tight fisted yorkshireman

bitsilly - 27/11/06 at 11:38 AM

If I can help let me know.
Marc, I am not an insurance salesman but would a link to HIC and/or Norton for track dayers and say Adrian Flux for roadies be an idea, and there was a recommended engine supplier too??
Also still trying to find the Road and Track trackday cars article.

Agriv8 - 27/11/06 at 12:00 PM

REgarding the Links.

MSM insurance have MNr and the Vortx on the books ( even corrected Vortex ).

they do offer track day cover no idea of cost though.

Ps they were very good even thruogh the pain of registration.

regards

Agriv8

bitsilly - 28/11/06 at 05:25 PM

Have just taken policy with HIC, for both of us it was just over £400.
Not sure if it is just them, also not sure if most people bother with insurance at track days, but it seems track day cover only applies when the day is organised by recognised organisers and they have limited liability cover. If the club is going to organise events can it get LLC and if so I guess there will be a membership fee?

chockymonster - 28/11/06 at 06:59 PM

Ditto on the HIC policy. £340 for me with trackday cover, I asked for 3,500 miles, they said I was limited to 7,500!!

Daft Lad Picko - 4/1/07 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8

I suppose i have elected myself as club secretary what else do we need to make an official club tresurer ?

Please refer to my original post on this thread. I'd be happy to take the post of Treasurer.

Agriv8 - 4/1/07 at 05:37 PM

Still awaiting a bit of direction from MNR on this .

Will be spending a little time at Autosport with Marc and Chris so will raise it over a pint or 2 ( we never have more than 2 as we all drink in moderation *Cough* Bullocks *Cough* ) . I also need to go through the owners club charter that I have penned.

Hope to have some news soon.

Regards

Agriv8

bitsilly - 13/3/07 at 07:36 PM

Anyone want to meet at Llandow (Wales!)sometime soon?
As a club??

millemg - 18/3/07 at 05:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bitsilly
Anyone want to meet at Llandow (Wales!)sometime soon?
As a club??

Anywhere near here ?