Board logo

New MNR Bodywork
marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:06 PM

Hope its been worth waiting for,

Some low res images of the new bodywork. ( the Light was faiding fast and it was raining !!! )

New Front corner
New Front corner

New Nose Front
New Nose Front

New Nose Side
New Nose Side

Regards

Marc N

stevebubs - 11/11/06 at 05:15 PM

Would be intrigued to see what it looks like without those bulky cross beams and just the 2 front intakes.

marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:19 PM

its ok chris did think it might not be to everyones taste
old shape is still made,
this has quite a few advantages over the old namely greater area for bigger rad and oil cooler, also lower frontal area and also frontal surface area
the new nose, bonnet and scuttle are even better quality especially the shut lines puts 99 % of production cars to shame

will take a pic to show the shut lines in a min

best regards

marc

Winston Todge - 11/11/06 at 05:19 PM

Blimey that is a change!

Looks DonkeyVoort ish. I think the original nose cone was probably more traditional and henced look 'right'. Will both styles of nose cone be available? Or would it be a change that is consistent for all VortX's?

Why the change by the way? Any aerodynamic or mechanical advantage?

Your continual development of this type of car must be applauded though.

Take it easy,

Chris.

P.S. Next weekends looking like it maybe the first 'test' drive! Fingers crossed for no rain!

PAUL FISHER - 11/11/06 at 05:20 PM

Well,I like it,gives the car a aggresive look,gives it that finished off look,better than a bit of wire mesh like most sevens

smart51 - 11/11/06 at 05:23 PM

The wider rear of the nose cone covers the nuts and bolts well for SVA. My wife, a farmer's daughter, says the front reminds her of the front of a tractor. It's the "chin" that does it.

marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:28 PM

quote:

My wife, a farmer's daughter, says the front reminds her of the front of a tractor

with me racing it next year im sure it may travel across the odd grass area

marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:33 PM

the old shape nose is having a bit of tweaking done at the moment to include a similar slot style grill and badge area to save the wire mesh treatment. or of course you can remove that area and just use mesh
we also have a new agent who we are currently building two demo cars for him to place in his showroom located just near wetherby alongside some rather fine ferraris and lotus's

[Edited on 11/11/06 by marc n]

smuty - 11/11/06 at 05:34 PM

saw it in the flesh on friday (not finished) i think it looks great

Pdlewis - 11/11/06 at 05:35 PM

I think it looks awsome as marc said the lines look perfect and the nose gives it a really aggresive look

MikeR - 11/11/06 at 05:38 PM

i think i like it - didn't for the first few seconds till i saw the other pics - not sure about the slot though, think i'd prefer it all the same ovel with the grill bars in. Reminds me of an old ferrari (i think).

marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:42 PM

the main reason for the grill slats was to give it a bit of a production car look / integration, also saves time building too as you dont have to worry about mesh, the grills have been made with the option of removing them without trace leaving just the central slat for the badge to be mounted

marc n - 11/11/06 at 05:45 PM

i really apprieciate the feedback guys good and bad, this is the driving force for all our upgrades, alterations we make

TimC - 11/11/06 at 05:52 PM

Where do I sign????

Oh, I already have!

Please do not change it again before you make my GRP. I love it!

TC

mark.s - 11/11/06 at 05:52 PM

its not for me, i'll be honest. i think your MNR looks the nuts with all your other mods youve done a lovley job ...but not the grill.....but thats just me, sorry

chers mark

Andy W - 11/11/06 at 06:01 PM

I like it, just not sure it would look as good with a number plate on, could you have made the middle section the same width as a plate?

Andy

zzr1100rick2 - 11/11/06 at 06:03 PM

the nose looks very close to the ground will it clear speed bumps
looks great by the way

marc n - 11/11/06 at 06:09 PM

quote:

the nose looks very close to the ground will it clear speed bumps

sorry forgot to say the car is my racecar and is set to run at rgb regs ride height wise

the idea for no. plate is a sticky one / bike size no plate

Krismc - 11/11/06 at 06:26 PM

Looks really good cant wait to see it in some other colours.

Would like to see one with just the centeral bar left in and the others cut away as well.

Agriv8 - 11/11/06 at 06:28 PM

The photos dont really do it justice. it does give a really agresive look it would look nice in black .

But I like it - I supose the new nose is a bit like marmite ( you love it or hate it no inbetween ).

Will assist those that need to run an oil cooler. and thos need BIG rad.

regards

Agriv8

Hellfire - 11/11/06 at 06:32 PM

Quality of it looks great as usual, just not quite sure about the shape. Not particularly keen on it at the moment but maybe it will grow on me as I see a few more.

Phil

arrybradbury - 11/11/06 at 06:55 PM

love it

James - 11/11/06 at 07:00 PM

Think it looks really good.
Well done.

Cheers,
James

D Beddows - 11/11/06 at 08:23 PM

Once you've got over the initial shock the front looks great.....you are ready for the 'ripping off Donkervoort' comments though I hope? . Looking at the first photo though the front seems to makes the back look wrong/unfinished/agricultural somehow now (struggling to think of the right adjective.....)

JoelP - 11/11/06 at 08:44 PM

i think its an excellent improvement.

Arjan356 - 11/11/06 at 08:59 PM

Love it, but one problem...will it fit on a MK-indy??

Arjan

smart51 - 11/11/06 at 09:08 PM

Looking at it again, it probably is a bit of a grower. I agree with the production car look and think that the mesh was a bit of a faff. A choice of 2 nose cones gives something for everyone.

The comments about number plates are good. Road cars have to have them. It isn't a bad idea to have somewhere proper to put them.

stevebubs - 11/11/06 at 09:14 PM

with all bars removed bar the badge oneImage deleted by owner

stevebubs - 11/11/06 at 09:15 PM

and with all bars removedImage deleted by owner

smart51 - 11/11/06 at 09:39 PM

removing the bars doesnit help. Perhaps some black design film on them would be better. It would make them less visible but still present.

GeorgeM - 11/11/06 at 10:22 PM

now i've got more decissions!! I'm off to see Marc next Saturday to order mine

chockymonster - 11/11/06 at 11:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Arjan356
Love it, but one problem...will it fit on a MK-indy??

Arjan

Nope, Marc won't sell the bodywork seperately

Danozeman - 12/11/06 at 09:41 AM

I like it but i have to say i prefer the old one. MNR's are the best looking imho.

It looks good with the 1 badge bar. I like the idea of black bars and coloured rest.

Peteff - 12/11/06 at 10:36 AM

If you fit a legal front plate you'll be covering half of it up anyway. I think it makes the front look like an old tractor but that's just the image it conjures up in my mind.

Dillinger1977 - 12/11/06 at 10:37 AM

I like it, though i can definately see how it might polarise opinion. (marmite, as Iain put it!)

out of interest (and planning ahead incase I wreck the current one somehow.. ), is it in any way interchangeable with the 'old' one?
I can already see that i'd be left with 2 notches at the bottom of the sides as I have the nose that has a 'lip' that hooks under the sides.

Hammerhead - 12/11/06 at 12:42 PM

Just thought I'd add my interpretation too. I think a little less bulk would help. IMHO Rescued attachment mnr.jpg
Rescued attachment mnr.jpg

jacko - 12/11/06 at 05:06 PM

Just a little like Quantum front don,t you think
But nicer
Jacko

rjbrookes - 12/11/06 at 08:35 PM

i will have a few more beers then look at it again!

clutch_kick - 12/11/06 at 09:33 PM

I love it the intercooler will look sexy behind that new nose

Gergely - 13/11/06 at 11:35 AM

Initially I thoght it was ugly but in about 5 minutes I start to like it more and more. It is difficult to change that 50 year old shape to make it modern and not out of place. Initially I didn't like the scuttle bulges of the MNR's either, but now I do and I think that the new nose complements the scuttle area nicely.
I am still undecided whether all bars should remain or Hammerhead's version. That looks very nice.
Where would you put a normal licence plate? Cover up the lower intakes? Anyone with photoshop skills?

Dillinger1977 - 14/11/06 at 12:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dillinger1977
out of interest (and planning ahead incase I wreck the current one somehow.. ), is it in any way interchangeable with the 'old' one?

just a wee nudge incase you missed this one marc

marc n - 14/11/06 at 01:41 PM

yep the both types are interchangeable with the main body section
so to replace to new nose you need nose scuttle and bonnet

[Edited on 14/11/06 by marc n]

marc n - 14/11/06 at 05:13 PM

more Rescued attachment car1 web.jpg
Rescued attachment car1 web.jpg

marc n - 14/11/06 at 05:14 PM

and another Rescued attachment new car2.jpg
Rescued attachment new car2.jpg

TimC - 14/11/06 at 05:29 PM

... Dougie Donnely's

Winston Todge - 14/11/06 at 06:02 PM

It really is a grower....

From those angles I reckon it looks the nutts.

Is it a taller bonnet by any chance Marc? Are the scuttle and bonnets directly interchangeable?

Ta,

Chris.

Winston Todge - 14/11/06 at 06:21 PM

Just curious as to whether the colour is the same RAL code as my car Marc? As the colour space your camera takes piccies at seems slightly out of kilta?

Did some fiddling matching it roughly to the same RAL as mine... Similar as in the flesh?

MNR new bodywork
MNR new bodywork

Plus this thread has a load of piccies of the old car to highlight the two different bodyworks more accurately...

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=31504&page=1

I still think the old bodywork is slightly more slick. But then I would say that as I'm building one! 8D

Chris.

[Edited on 14-11-06 by Winston Todge]

Winston Todge - 14/11/06 at 06:24 PM

That Brands day was when I realised that I'd made the right choice of car for me...

Only a few months until I get to try mine out in anger!

As you can tell I'm looking forward to it...

Chris.

jamesg20 - 14/11/06 at 07:50 PM

Don't listen to 'em Marc, that thing is now looking stunning. Just what is needed to carve the niche into the already niche market and give some immedaite product identity amoung the competitors.

Gets my thumbs up.

Peteff - 14/11/06 at 08:03 PM

with people selling their old bodywork off, any old style nosecones going spare

JoaoCaldeira - 14/11/06 at 10:48 PM

First thoughts... bulky and not part of the rest.... way bulky.

Hammerhead's version seems a lot nicer.
Maybe I'd prefer the old one, thought

Joao

G.Man - 15/11/06 at 04:46 AM

do those cheeks on the nose allow air to come out the back of the nose?

Its growing on me...

Gergely - 15/11/06 at 09:23 AM

I like it more an more. The one thing that I like more in the old version is that the lower part of the nose is angled backwards, whereas the new one drops vertically to the ground. That's what reminds people of a tractor. The nose is quite tall.

But I like it. Wonder how it would look in orange...

marc n - 15/11/06 at 09:43 AM

its an optical olusion the nose front is actually lower by 2 inches, and the frontal surface area is less, also the nose when veiwed from the side slopes backward, its hard to take a picture to show all the curves etc

best regards

marc

marc n - 15/11/06 at 09:46 AM

quote:

yep

marc n - 15/11/06 at 09:47 AM

quote:

As the colour space your camera takes piccies at seems slightly out of kilta

probably not the camera more likely the user

colour is the same as yours chris

[Edited on 15/11/06 by marc n]

bitsilly - 15/11/06 at 04:16 PM

IMHO It is important to be recognisable as an MNR so I think any unique measure is a start. You may want to think about registering the design for that reason.
Only suggestion is to make the logo big enough to see in a rear view mirror, though as it probably wouldn't be there for long put it on the back too!
I like it!

G.Man - 15/11/06 at 04:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marc n
quote:

yep

And you cant just change the nose?

Needs a bonnet, scuttle and nose yes?

chockymonster - 15/11/06 at 04:36 PM

quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Yep

Agriv8 - 15/11/06 at 06:44 PM

quote:
quote:

Oi i'll take offence at that least I managed to get a couple of without the dogs

regards

Iain

[Edited on 15/11/06 by Agriv8]

Winston Todge - 15/11/06 at 07:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
quote:
quote:

Oi i'll take offence at that least I managed to get a couple of without the dogs

regards

Iain

[Edited on 15/11/06 by Agriv8]

Dillinger1977 - 15/11/06 at 09:30 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
quote:
Originally posted by G.Man

Yep

ahh bugger. had it just been a new nose needed I think i might have been tempted.

smart51 - 15/11/06 at 10:08 PM

quote:
to replace to new nose you need nose scuttle and bonnet
[Edited on 14/11/06 by marc n]

How are the new scuttle and bonnet different?

tks - 16/11/06 at 06:41 AM

i like it, and i like every day mnr a bit more.

Its more modern, and in my opinion its the way to go to get more clients / sells.

the new generation of clients donīt know what a seven is (like me with 21 years)

only thing what i miss is a scoop on the bonnet.

anyway i think its a improvement. it makes the differenc ebetween a 50Keuro donky from NL and a MNR a bit smaller.

Tks

Garibaldi - 16/11/06 at 06:51 AM

I understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:

--the difficulty with judging any design, particularly one that moves, is that a photograph doesn't have the visual/spatial cues necessary. The VortX is very low, it would be unusual to see it at the angle at which the photo is taken, so it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion.

--it looks to me like one of the design goals was to smooth out the flow under the car, was lift or downforce one of the considerations in the new design?

--the original nose seems to have less frontal area and a "smoother" shape, yet you said that the new shape is better in this regard. Can you explain the differences?

Thanks,
Garibaldi
Maine, USA

marc n - 16/11/06 at 09:07 AM

quote:

understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:
--the difficulty with judging any design, particularly one that moves, is that a photograph doesn't have the visual/spatial cues necessary. The VortX is very low, it would be unusual to see it at the angle at which the photo is taken, so it's almost impossible to have an informed opinion.

--it looks to me like one of the design goals was to smooth out the flow under the car, was lift or downforce one of the considerations in the new design?

--the original nose seems to have less frontal area and a "smoother" shape, yet you said that the new shape is better in this regard. Can you explain the differences?

It is very difficult to see the shape fully by picture as its has so many curves

the idea of the new nose was to be a bit more modern and to update the shape a little, the new nose is still available too

the new nose has less frontal area than the old will try to get a pic of the cars side by side to show ( weather permitting ) also is has a lower more curved front top leading edge also has a flat bottom and slopes from top to bottom all this has moved away from the traditional style noses that in some cases woulkd create lift
this combined with the new hardtop underway as we speak should give us a much slippier seven type car ready for our next high powered demo car
and its not bike engined
we do have a bonnet scoop also to help with airflow around the engine

when i made the nose i knew it wouldnt be to everyones taste ( hence keeping the old shape available too ) but when i design / make updates / mods to the car these are usually done from feedback from customers, performance enhancing, or just because they are my cars and i can
I have stopped going to most of the shows as i can honestly say that most of the cars that are exhibited at the moment are still the same as when i first started this project three years ago, which is a real shame. Times are changing and so are customers criteria when they look for a car, and you either take bold moves and go with the times or become stagnant and boring.
Over three years we have changed bodywork shape three times, bodywork manufacturer 4 times, chassis and geometry three times, we now have over 35 cnc machined parts ( set to increase ) all in the quest of development and performance
It helps that my work is my love ( misses would say first love )
its not just a business to me, even being as busy as we are i still get involved with all the fabrication welding etc , on a daily basis
I have been very fortunate in finding a way to make a living doing what i love and also meeting some great people who have become good freinds along the way, and hopefully next year with club events racing etc we should all have some great fun

best regards

marc

marc n - 16/11/06 at 09:09 AM

quote:

How are the new scuttle and bonnet different?

they have all been smoothed in to get even better shut lines and a slipier shape

Gergely - 16/11/06 at 09:09 AM

Marc, how about the hardtop and doors you mentioned in a different post? Do you have any pictures of those already?

marc n - 16/11/06 at 09:11 AM

quote:

Marc, how about the hardtop and doors you mentioned in a different post? Do you have any pictures of those already?

still in development at the moment, lots of work still to do and so little time

Colnago_Man - 16/11/06 at 09:58 AM

Marc,
Any idea of the cost premium of the new body work over the old?

marc n - 16/11/06 at 10:04 AM

Marc,
Any idea of the cost premium of the new body work over the old?

same price no increase basically its an either or fitment

Winston Todge - 16/11/06 at 12:39 PM

Hey Marc,

You still amaze me with your obvious enthusiasm for the industry... It really shows through the way your product is continually in a state of development.

Do you think there'd ever be a point where you will be happy? I know it's probably an impossible question to answer, but just curious...

And lastly! What engine is in the new demonstrator then!? Duratec? VAG? Honda lump? Do tell!

Keep up the good work,

Chris.

clutch_kick - 16/11/06 at 01:56 PM

I know this is OFF TOPIC, but since MNR will be racing soon, any chance somebody could record the episodes if they are aired on telly?

I can only get MotorsTV locally and that is french

Gergely - 16/11/06 at 04:23 PM

Yes, and if someone can record from TV can they also put it on the Net for download maybe? I would be interested too!

Winston Todge - 16/11/06 at 05:42 PM

I'd be very interested to know if RGB is ever aired!?

Or the other championships you're planning on entering Marc??

marc laptop - 17/11/06 at 07:29 AM

dont think there will be any tv coverage but we have our owns cameras etc

clutch_kick - 17/11/06 at 12:47 PM

Well .. they do show Formula Women, in their catervans on the french channel. At least another score of empty kitchens!! I know bashing catervans is fun but, letting a woman do it is just too evil! ( i hope nobody of the fairer sex takes offence to this )

quote:
Originally posted by Winston Todge
I'd be very interested to know if RGB is ever aired!?

Or the other championships you're planning on entering Marc??

tks - 17/11/06 at 02:12 PM

You didn't told the engine!!

Tks

Agriv8 - 17/11/06 at 04:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by marc laptop
dont think there will be any tv coverage but we have our owns cameras etc

That sounds like evidence that could be used agaist you know how close you like to race

regards

agriv8

marc n - 25/11/06 at 09:29 AM

new demo car will be a super charged small block chevy if i can shoe horn it in, borrowing one from a mate who uses them in grasstracking, in theory it will fit but we all know about theorys does anyone know what gearboxes will mate up to it that can handle 500 - 600 hp

chockymonster - 25/11/06 at 09:44 AM

quote:
500 - 600 hp

I dunno about the gearbox, but will the passengers cope with it

[Edited on 25/11/06 by chockymonster]

bob - 25/11/06 at 09:49 AM

I like it as its different from the norm,just trying to imagine different colours as sometimes a colour change can make all the difference.

Also a mesh grill set a couple of inches behind the bars,and is the bottom hole/slit functional as a pair of driving lights would look good.

The above thoughts are really just for cosmetic looks but it is nice to see a different shape that gives you options.

smart51 - 25/11/06 at 09:51 AM

600 BHP? Are you mad? Thats a 1000 BHP per tonne! Where do I sign? Oh no wait its a V8, thats 600 BHP per tonne. Never mind.

Seriously though, you'd need wheels of a Viper to put that kind of power down, and new rear tyres after every set of traffic lights.

G.Man - 25/11/06 at 11:44 AM

quote:
new demo car will be a super charged small block chevy if i can shoe horn it in, borrowing one from a mate who uses them in grasstracking, in theory it will fit but we all know about theorys does anyone know what gearboxes will mate up to it that can handle 500 - 600 hp

Borg Warner T5 if you want a manual, but you will need an adapter ring..

Same box as sierra cosworth..

I think you should do a 2.0 turbo car... SR20 or if you really want a fast car, RB26DETT... awesome...

800bhp anyone?

G.Man - 25/11/06 at 11:45 AM

quote:
Originally posted by smart51
600 BHP? Are you mad? Thats a 1000 BHP per tonne! Where do I sign? Oh no wait its a V8, thats 600 BHP per tonne. Never mind.

Seriously though, you'd need wheels of a Viper to put that kind of power down, and new rear tyres after every set of traffic lights.

Nah just need standalone engine management with launch control..

clutch_kick - 25/11/06 at 11:54 AM

3S-GTE!!!!

Agriv8 - 25/11/06 at 04:02 PM

tremac 5 or tremac 6 speed. as there are bellhousings of the shelf.

I ll get the ratio's later.

here you go

NEW Tremec FORD World Class 5speed. 1 ONLY !

Full Synchromesh on all forward gears 5 speed helical gears.
Ratios - 2.95,1.94,1.34,1.00,0.63.
Input Shaft - 1 1/16 x 10
Output shaft 28 tooth
Rated @ a conservative 330 t/Lbs this

Bargain 1095
! Buy - normaly Ģ1250 ! inc vat

brand spanker fron v8tunner

regards

agriv8

[Edited on 25/11/06 by Agriv8]

[Edited on 25/11/06 by Agriv8]

marc n - 25/11/06 at 06:22 PM

quote:

600 BHP? Are you mad?

i just want to build something so quick it makes you feel sick

love the sound of v8s and wanted to do something a bit different with one of our cars, comfy seats, heater, screen, hardtop etc more an all year car

best regards

marc

clutch_kick - 25/11/06 at 11:53 PM

marc in that case, i would suggest one of the new V8's made from bike engines. I cannot remember the guys who make them, but, they are more suited to the vortx rather than those huge american engines. I'm pretty sure you know about them.

Agriv8 - 26/11/06 at 01:23 AM

looked into them already i think.

problem is them staying together an aquaintence from grassing is on egine no 3 or 4 while they are running they are excellent, the are also very expensive including a 30 hour rebuild interval

regards

Agriv8

Krismc - 26/11/06 at 09:34 AM

any different colour nose cones yet??

G.Man - 27/11/06 at 09:29 PM

Dare I ask how much for new nose, scuttle and bonnet?

I like it too much...

TimC - 28/11/06 at 08:41 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Krismc

I've edited one of the photos to make the body blue, but Locostbuilders won't let me upload it properly. Can someone else host a pic for me?

chockymonster - 28/11/06 at 09:04 AM

quote:
Originally posted by TimC
quote:
Originally posted by Krismc

I've edited one of the photos to make the body blue, but Locostbuilders won't let me upload it properly. Can someone else host a pic for me?

Sure, email it to the address I gave you yesterday.

TimC - 28/11/06 at 07:39 PM

... guess what colour mine'll be!

Agriv8 - 28/11/06 at 08:25 PM

ooooooohhhhhh i like that.

regards

agriv8

Mave - 1/12/06 at 05:23 PM

Very nice Marc. Too bad you didn't manufacture it two years ago when I started mine! I wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of making the bodywork myself!

I prefer the photoshopped version with one bar in each of the two holes though.

[Edited on 1/12/06 by Mave]

G.Man - 1/12/06 at 11:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Agriv8
ooooooohhhhhh i like that.

regards

agriv8

nah looks shite without the rest of the gulf colours

TimC - 2/12/06 at 09:41 AM

I already have my decals!

And it'll look something like this - apologies for crapness - I'm using Paint!

[Edited on 2/12/06 by TimC]

marc n - 2/12/06 at 04:43 PM

best clour scheme in my opinion, would have liked to have kept my car that colour, but buckled to red and black my second fav to match mathew lewis s v8 race car

marc n - 2/12/06 at 04:46 PM

hi mave did you do all the fibreglass yourself ??? if so great job,

i cheated and let our bodywork company do it on the new bodywork. did our first lot and vowed never do it again as its so messy and time consuming

Mave - 3/12/06 at 09:20 AM

Hi Marc,

yes, I did it myself. And I fully agree with you; it was a once in a lifetime effort!!

Might I suggest you should also have the GRP company take a look at the rear section? Something like a diffusor to break up the square back-end would be nice.

marc n - 3/12/06 at 09:33 AM

quote:

Might I suggest you should also have the GRP company take a look at the rear section? Something like a diffusor to break up the square back-end would be nice.

nearly completed
although not allowed it for racing

clutch_kick - 3/12/06 at 10:59 PM

Diffuser?? ... this keeps getting better.

procomp - 4/12/06 at 12:38 PM

Hi marc with the above reference to Matthew lewis's v8 race car are you/matt intending to race it within the 750mc kits during 2007. Just interested as there may be somthing you are not aware of in the regs.

cheers matt

Agriv8 - 4/12/06 at 12:54 PM

quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi marc with the above reference to Matthew lewis's v8 race car are you/matt intending to race it within the 750mc kits during 2007. Just interested as there may be somthing you are not aware of in the regs.

cheers matt

anything you could share on the forum ?

Will likley be assisting Mathew in the V8 build ( as he has a good choice in engines )

regards

Agriv8

procomp - 4/12/06 at 01:41 PM

Hi just need to know if matt has been told by the 750mc that the car has been passed for the 2007 championship. As it stands at the moment it isn't but could be for the 2008 season.

cheers matt

Agriv8 - 4/12/06 at 01:46 PM

I belive its all sorted for 2007 dont know about 2008

regards

Agriv8

marc n - 4/12/06 at 01:59 PM

hi matt

yep ok for 2007, after a 90 page dossier we submitted to the 750mc board im glad to say we are all ok

a copy of which is attched

Re: MNR Vortx RT Inboard.

Please accept this letter as confirmation that, in accordance with instructions from the 750MC Board Of Directors, your application for the above car has been considered and approved to be added to the list of eligible vehicles for the 750 Motor Club Kit Car Championship in 4 & 8 cylinder engine configuration.

Kind regards

Robin Knight
750MC Competitions Secretary

cc 750MC Racing & Technical Committee

[Edited on 4/12/06 by marc n]

procomp - 4/12/06 at 02:07 PM

Hi we have been told that that car is not legible for 2007 as it was not registerd by MNR before april 2006. This came about when we had a current driver from the serise asking if we could build him a v8 car. when we aproched the club to ask if we would be legible for 2007 whith a v8 thier reply was that although we are registerd with a 4cyl we were not registerd whith a v8 before aprill 2006 so would not be legible for 2007.

So when i mentiond matts new car also not being on the final list of approved cars for 2007 we were told that it would not be racing in 2007 but if registerd by MNR whith the club and passed before april 2007 it could race in 2008.

I would assume that matt would know this given his involment whith the club.

cheers matt

(edit) ps appologies for taking the thread of topic.
PPs april should have read 1st july.
[Edited on 4/12/06 by procomp]

[Edited on 4/12/06 by procomp]

procomp - 4/12/06 at 02:17 PM

Hi there seems to be some c##k up in comunication whithin the 750mc if you have been told you are legible. so please accept my apologie for causing allarm. wWould be interested to know when you applied for inclusion to the approved list as this is a new reg for next year due to people taking the p#ss whith body and chassis combonations.

cheers matt

Agriv8 - 4/12/06 at 02:27 PM

Thanks Pro comp looks like ( hoefully ) wires have got crossed somewhere Will bring it to the atention of Marc / Chris and Mathew L.

Thanks for leting us know

marc n - 4/12/06 at 02:43 PM

yep crossed wires i think

procomp - 4/12/06 at 02:59 PM

Hi i dont thinki will trust the 750 to do me a wiring loom then.

cheers matt

Agriv8 - 4/12/06 at 03:00 PM

Marc Probably over tomorow evening will try and remeber that spare memory I have for your office PC. Remnd me to take a look to see if I can speed it up for you.

regards

Agriv8

marc n - 4/12/06 at 03:04 PM

cheers iain

see you tomorrow

procomp - 4/12/06 at 03:36 PM

Hi confusion now cleared up. People with friends are allowed to play other arent .

matt

marc n - 4/12/06 at 03:41 PM

hi matt i know there where three other manufacturers applying but they couldnt give drawings / specifications needed within the time frame, i did four days straight ( all nighters ) on autocad etc to put our dossier together in time

best regards

marc

procomp - 5/12/06 at 07:49 AM

Hi have spoken to R.knight and RTC who say that your cars were turned down for 2007 due to late entry but were over ruled by certain people where as others wern't . As said people with friends. It makes the regs a bit of a joke.

cheers matt

garage19 - 8/12/06 at 01:54 PM

quote:
quote:

understand the need to continually improve the design; that's what great QC is all about. I've looked long and hard at the new design and have some questions and comments:

It is very difficult to see the shape fully by picture as its has so many curves

the idea of the new nose was to be a bit more modern and to update the shape a little, the new nose is still available too

the new nose has less frontal area than the old will try to get a pic of the cars side by side to show ( weather permitting ) also is has a lower more curved front top leading edge also has a flat bottom and slopes from top to bottom all this has moved away from the traditional style noses that in some cases woulkd create lift
this combined with the new hardtop underway as we speak should give us a much slippier seven type car ready for our next high powered demo car
and its not bike engined
we do have a bonnet scoop also to help with airflow around the engine

when i made the nose i knew it wouldnt be to everyones taste ( hence keeping the old shape available too ) but when i design / make updates / mods to the car these are usually done from feedback from customers, performance enhancing, or just because they are my cars and i can
I have stopped going to most of the shows as i can honestly say that most of the cars that are exhibited at the moment are still the same as when i first started this project three years ago, which is a real shame. Times are changing and so are customers criteria when they look for a car, and you either take bold moves and go with the times or become stagnant and boring.
Over three years we have changed bodywork shape three times, bodywork manufacturer 4 times, chassis and geometry three times, we now have over 35 cnc machined parts ( set to increase ) all in the quest of development and performance
It helps that my work is my love ( misses would say first love )
its not just a business to me, even being as busy as we are i still get involved with all the fabrication welding etc , on a daily basis
I have been very fortunate in finding a way to make a living doing what i love and also meeting some great people who have become good freinds along the way, and hopefully next year with club events racing etc we should all have some great fun

best regards

marc

You really seem to be moving the seven design on.

I love the look of the new bodywork and and the chassis also seems to be evolving far further than any of the other manufacturers.

PS. can i come and work for you?